Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stowaway ladder for under the swim deck.

Slammer

I've got an 05' V-Ride. I was wondering if they sold the under swim deck stowaway retractable ladder and if it could be installed easily. Any leads would be great. It sure would help my little guys out getting back in the boat.

PA Slammer

If you have the teak swim platform you just buy an undermount ladder, some teak (to allow a consistent mounting surface) and thru bolt. That's what I did to our 2007. I did it so my parents could get in & out.

I have the fiberglass platform. I'm guessing I could drill some holes and mount with flush head bolts...

I just found one for sale at Bakes, but out of stock. Anywhere else that might have them?

PA Slammer

I put one on my fiberglass platform by making a stainless steel frame and fiberglassing it to the bottom of the platform. Then I bolted the stainless steel ladder to the studs. It sounds like a project, but I didn't want to drill through the platform... It's nice for the older and very young riders...

West Marine sells them http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=981792&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50304&subdeptNum=50353&classNum=50354#.UTow4zfZR8c

You would probably have to bondo/urethane/fiberglass some mounting blocks to the underside of your platform and then attach the ladder to the mounting blocks.

Sounds like you just need bigger sacks. Put that platform underwater. Bakes has sacks in stock. This maybe my next upgrade.

Slammer,

I just added a Windline SM-3XOC to the underside of my teak platform. I too did not want any hardware going through. To avoid this I welded on a 12" long tab to both side of the ladder. Once they were welded on I drilled 5 holes in each tab. So there is a total of 10 screws and 4 lag bolts all stainless holding the ladder to the underside.

Saw on one of the 2012 with the ladder that the ladder is through bolted but the bold are hidden under the mat on top of the swim platform. Don't know if you need to replace mat but that could be an option.

If you would like to see how mine is mounted send me an email and I can email them to you.

Robert

A short term option that has worked 4 us ( bad shoulders) we use an old ski rope handle hooked on the the ski pylon. It gives me enough of a boost that I can hoist myself out and not put any holes in the Bu :)

The back of the ladder has adjustable legs that contact the platform to support the back of the ladder while boarding. Other than that, looks pretty standard. I bought it for my parents who are older and trouble pulling up on the platform.

Edited by bamabonners

Cobalt had a pretty slick self retracting ladder for a while (maybe they still do, idk). Anyone know if they source that from someone? I searched the web for a bit and couldn't find anything.