Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A extra aerator pump?

jeeper92

I have a 1100 piggy back system in my locker and a 750 under the passenger side seats. I want to add another pump to help fill the hard tank the 1100 and the 750. I can add a T to the thru hull and mount another pump. Can the circuit for the factory pump handle another pump or do I need another circuit and if so where is the best place to pull power for the new aerator type pump. I like the factory pirannah pumps because they are easy to replace and cheap.

You are good to go adding another pump and piggy backing the wiring to the factory pump. You might want to change the fuse/breaker to a 10 or 15 amp. Those pumps draw around 4.5 ohms each. I would use a 16 Gauge Splice Tap Connector to connect the wiring.