Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

March is here...but spring isn't

Aquajung

I had to get my boat out of storage a bit early this year so i can take it in to the shop for some pre-season service. While out of the normal covered storage, we were hit with a winter storm. I hate to see the 'bu with 3" of snow and ice on the cover. Come on spring!! Get here soon!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?hl=en&tab=iq#photos/114688169015385839428/albums/5852606461358823121

That's no fun! I jumped the gun once in late March. Boat was clean, but there was 6" of snow on my lift canopy. I darn near lost it (cave in). Out there with a push broom before going to work, it looked pretty funny.

I forbid any more snow in west to southwest Michigan. I am getting my boat out of storage this Sunday, bringing it to the pole barn for some pre-season fixing up. So there, it's official, at least from Van Buren north thru Oceana counties!

Skiing last year March 17 in a shorty. This year we will likely still have vehicles driving up and down the lake. But I could be wrong you never can out think mother nature!

I did go pay off a new pontoon and lift yesterday and hope to get it in the water April 1.

Last year today was a record 70+ degrees. This morning it was 8. At least I'll have this weekend to go on our one snowmobile ride. Then it can warm up all it wants.

It'll be pushing 50 degrees here, you won't even need gloves! We seriously rode like that once years ago. The day started out at 22 and finished at 50 degrees. Riding sleds in helmets, bibs & t-shirts, no gloves, handwarmers on. The trails were a disaster by the end of the day, whop-de-do's all over the place...but that didn't slow us down. I broke a rear spring and a trailing arm on my Indy 650 pounding the heck out of it.

I got my last shot of winter in this past Sunday, a gorgeous day for downhill skiing at Crystal Mountain.

Skiing last year March 17 in a shorty. This year we will likely still have vehicles driving up and down the lake. But I could be wrong you never can out think mother nature!

I did go pay off a new pontoon and lift yesterday and hope to get it in the water April 1.

We were swimming in wetsuits on Saint Patty's day, March 16. Put the boat and lift in that day.

Still a few good weeks to downhill ski in Wisconsin. But there will be pond skimming the next two weekends.

8537250718_c2da02cf58_n.jpg

Though boat landing is open on the Fox River.

Edited by footndale

Am I the only one who does new year day rides in 70 degree weather? Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Ya ya ya sure rub it in. Lol.....:)