Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Canopy top for my 2013 LSV

Thorpe

I have just recieved my 2013 23' LSV and took it to my top guy and he is having a problem trying to find a way to attach a canvas top to the windshield?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't take this as an attack on what your doing.

Why do you want a canvas top attached to your windshield?

If it's for travel, DO NOT DO IT!

If it's for mooring, DO NOT DO IT!

If It's for Sleeping in your boat when you are mooring, DO NOT SLEEP IN YOUR BOAT!

Look for a cover by Evolution, very simple, quick, looks great. Or you can get a total boat cover like WS8796, even though he stores his boat in his garage, but will tell everyone that it's just the picture he took when the cover came in. Likely Story! :dontknow:

Sure, we all store our boats on "the lift", wink wink! :dontknow:

I call my "lift", the "shop" too!

I'm also dating a "french" model. :whistle:

And the only reason I didn't play Pro Football was because of a "knee" injury in college :innocent:

Edited by Rmack
  • Like 1

Why are you guys attacking the OP? It is his choice to put up a camper top on his boat. And he should not have to justify it to anyone.

There are some guys on her that have done this exact project. I will see if I can dig up the pictures.

I'm sure the problem is the frameless windshield, right? Nowhere to install snaps on glass.

May have to find some sort of c-channel fitting that clamps over the edge of the glass as a solution.

My boat is old so I don't have one to look at, but that's what you may have to look for if I remember the new windshields correctly.

I don't want to put a top on the boat beacuse it will hurt the look of the boat but I need to use the boat to get to our cabin which is boat access only and I live in a climate where it rains so if I want to get the family and all of our supplies to the cabin without getting soaking wet then I need a top.

How long has malibu been using frameless windshields?

Please send any pictures you might have.

Have you seen any C ahannel fittings that would fit? The only other solution I have found was to attach a black channel molding to the top of the windshield.

Thanks for the ideas.

Why are you guys attacking the OP? It is his choice to put up a camper top on his boat. And he should not have to justify it to anyone. There are some guys on her that have done this exact project. I will see if I can dig up the pictures.

I'm not attacking anyone. These are just strong suggestions based on prior experiences, wether the op takes the advice is his decision. I just have a quirky way of relaying messages.

Seriously check out evolution covers though. Takes all of 2 minutes to set up and it's looks great.

I have the factory cover for trailering or storage.

I am looking for a top that I can use while I am driving in the rain, and I get some pretty heavy rain storms were I live.

I have an idea. You can get a evolution cover, and a G3 tower cover for your tower and accessories. You can tow with both. There was a thread awhile back, forgot what it was called

I have an idea. You can get a evolution cover, and a G3 tower cover for your tower and accessories. You can tow with both. There was a thread awhile back, forgot what it was called

He needs something for when he's driving the boat, not towing it. His cabin is boat access only.

I'm sure you could retro fit a cover. Let's say, something like an evolution cover with a zipper in the side or rear and possibly clear material over the wind shield.

Sounds like there is no real good solution with the frameless windhsield. Might have to install the snaps on the fiberglass at the base of the windshield and attach the clear plastic windows there and have them run all the way up to the top and have the windsheild just be inside of the canopy top and not part of it like would traditionally be. That's the only real solution I can see working with the frameless windshields.

Edited by jtrovato

I want a full enclosure for my next boat. We take the boat out to dinner sometimes and it can get really chilly on the way home.

You do know that a "snuggie" will be way cheaper