Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

whats my 2000 sunsetter vlx worth?

krahmer 1

Bought a 2000 sunsetter vlx, block was cracked cause the person before did not winterize it right. Put a new engine in it around 6 grand all said and done, just had the whole boat interior redone. It has the mls fill system in the ski locker for sac, and a wedge with perfect pass. Titan tower and i put 2 wet sounds rev 10s with a syn 6 and a syn 4 amps, with 4 wet sounds interior speakers. On the perfect pass it says it has 5063 hours the new engine has 63 hours on it. Has a single axle trailer the outside has some scratches and it could prob need a new gel coat. Was thinking about maybe trying to sell it and was wonder what it might be worth. I bought it pretty cheap, but have alot of money in it now. Any help on asking price would be great, thanks

Really even though everything on the boat is new, i find that hard to believe, lol the system alone was over 5 grand

Sadly, the used boat market in my area is not what it should be, values are down. Your boat sounds nice but it's 13 years old and the newer ones have all the toys and not the "mileage" a new engine should be a selling point but it often makes potential buyers wonder what else was not maintained.

As with cars/trucks, you never get out of them what you put into them.

If you have reciepts for all work done to the boat, i would say somewhere between 18-20 in my area. Its still a V-drive, it still has a tower and perfect pass and as long as you can drop it in the water and give someone a good test ride with no problems, should have no problem selling. I know that in my area, even the v-drives in rough shape and no stereo are going for 20k.

Just for reference, I am looking at a MINT 01 SSVLX with ~200 hours on it for $20K. So I am on board with the 15-18K estimate for yours. I will say this one has no stereo, problem with the stereo is only some people will want to pay more $ for it. Personally I don't really care about a stereo so I wouldn't want to pay extra for a nice one.

Bottom line is like anything, your boat is worth what someone else will pay for it... Maybe you can get more, you won't know until you try.

PS, Pictures of yours would really help.

I'm guessing it doesn't have 5000 hours. Personally I've never heard of any boat that high. Could it be 500.4 or whatever?

Anyway, direct drives around me are a little better priced, V-drives a bit more expensive. I'd say at least 20 around my area.

Steve B.

How many hours does the boat actually have? Motor may have 63, but I'm guessing the boat itself doesn't have 5000+.

Which motor? Which Titan tower? Heater, shower, docking lights, etc?

Define having the boat interior re-done...did you have all new skins done by Chee and professionally installed? Did some random interior shop do some sloppy quick-interior replacement? Something in between? This makes a HUGE difference.

Assuming a good interior re-do, just needing a hard-core buff/detail outside, boat hours that are sane, Titan 1 w/ that stereo (which you won't get your money back out of it and would be smarter to pull some of it or swap for lower end goods), you are looking at asking low 20's as is and smart to take anything over 19k. Around here it is HARD to find a decent V-drive for under 20k.

If it has a T3, and if the interior is mint, and if it has 500 hours not 5000, and if it doesn't "need a new gel coat" I would give you 20K for it.

We need pictures of this thing BAD! I want to see it :cheers:

Edited by Levi900RR

I bought it from a friends dad, it does have 5000 hours on the perfect pass read out, he said the kids use to leave the key on when listening to music on the lake, so i really have no clue really how many hours are on the boat other than i put a new engine in it in 2009 and i have put around 63 hours on it. Sounds crazy but, i keep the boat in a shed at my parents farm my dad had one of the seat redone for me for christmas and left the one strap on the cover undone, a racoon came in and and trashed the seats in the boat. I did not get the skins from chee, the guy that use to work for malibu and has all the old skin forms. I had to wait a year for this shop to do my boat its getting redone as we speak going to be done march 22. They do an amazing job, she re did one of my friends boats as well and it still looks great 3 years later. So lets say a ok job on the skins http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=rev%2010%20wet%20sounds. Is the boat this summer with the tore up seats. I went with a different look then it came factory with the new skins ill post pics when its done. Will this decrease the value

Its the first video krahmer1511. Yes it has the shower and heater, with indmar monsoon engine, not the hammerhead 383, also have a bikini top, but it is not on there. So im looking at lower 20's with a new engine and lets say a decent skin job on the boat

Edited by krahmer 1

yes, a not-factory interior will reduce the resale value vs. a chee-redo, but would probably still be worth more than a torn up interior.

chee>not chee>torn up original.

If you did something like flames in the upholstery, all bets are off.

This is what the racoons did to it, crazy thing even eat the s*** out of my steering wheel. It was like that all over the boat.

That looks like a nice boat. The skins looked pretty good before the coon. I think you should shoot for a little under 20. As long as there is a decent market for wakeboats in your area.