Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion bimini

Festivus

2 new posts in one day-- en fuego!

So I passed up on the factory bimini due to it's relatively small size. I was wondering if anyone out there had a custom bimini that covered more of the c*ckpit area. We do get rain and wind, so the bigger then better. Pictures would be great for me to take to the shop.... also I plan on hanging a few NVS speakers down from the tower, so it needs to be an over the tower bimini...

Edited by Festivus

I guess also it just seems like all of the Illusion biminis are so high from the boat that the sun would have to be directly overhead to get much effect. Is that the case? And does anyone have a below the tower bimini for the IllX?

We got a Z5 cargo rack, and I believe it is quite a bit larger. A different animal but all the same, I think that it will be a good choice. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

you can get extenders on the factory bimini. It adds about a foot. I have no complaints about the Illusion bimini. My wife likes to stay out of the sun, and she is a big fan of the Illusion bimini. We were in Havasu last summer with it 120F+ and still no complaints about the bimini. The heat, that was a different issue.

You would be Crazy.gif to mount a bimini on that tower that was lower.

I thought it would look goofy on the underside as well, just wondering.... I called the dealer just now and she recommended getting a custom one done after the boat comes in. If I don't like what they have to offer, I will get the factory one with the extension or the tower rack thingy.

you can get extenders on the factory bimini. It adds about a foot. I have no complaints about the Illusion bimini. My wife likes to stay out of the sun, and she is a big fan of the Illusion bimini. We were in Havasu last summer with it 120F+ and still no complaints about the bimini. The heat, that was a different issue.

You would be Crazy.gif to mount a bimini on that tower that was lower.

Your wife is going to miss that bimini on the new X-45. Tease2.gif