Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing

smedman

wakechick,

Fill all of your tanks except the rear side that you're not surfing, stick a 750 in the locker of the side that you are surfing, add 4 normal sized adults, 1 65 lb kid, speed control @ 9.8 mph & you'll get a wave like this one (and we're still dialing it in, so I expect it to get even better):

THAT! is a beautiful site!

Will i be alright w/o the fat sack for a while??? I need to take a break from spending...its exhausting Blowup.gif

Im gonna write that down....

You can if you know how to surf already or you're a small person. Big people like my husband (225+) will have more difficulty, although a good floaty board like a Skimskate or CWB Ride will help out with a smaller wave. You can get some good deals on blems & refurbished gear through Dan & UWStout ski team here, I think that my sacks were $120 each, shipped:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2448

Don't you know that buying the boat is only the beginning? You may think that you've got it dialed, & then you'll see one more cool gadget that's a "must-have"....it's a never ending cycle. :)

wakechick,

Fill all of your tanks except the rear side that you're not surfing, stick a 750 in the locker of the side that you are surfing, add 4 normal sized adults, 1 65 lb kid, speed control @ 9.8 mph & you'll get a wave like this one (and we're still dialing it in, so I expect it to get even better):

T, how is the bowrise like that??

You can sit with the bolster up & see (I'm not sure how tall you are, I'm only 5'3), but I'm more comfortable standing just so I can see what's in the water in the path of the boat easier - I find myself stretching to see over the bow when I'm sitting. I can't sit without the bolster, that's just not doable at all.

stu - maybe my temp gauge is off... but i'll tell you - i spent the last four 5 years in surfing in southern ca, and i ALWAYS wore a wetsuit if the water was below 70 - except maybe a really hot spring day

the water felt purty warm the other night -- but wouldn't surprise me if the temp reading was off a few degrees...

-- hopefully we'll see some of ya'll out on the water in the coming weeks... we are almost always surfing...boat is white /blue /black vRide (with no wakeboard racks - yet) Cry.gif Yes wakechick - seems like the boat IS just the beginning...

look forward to meeting the austin crew --- unfortunately we're not gonna make it to the spring WOW as we are due with our first (baby boy) at the end of the month --- we're already trying to figure out how to mount a cradle/babyseat so he can wear a life jacket comfortably...

Edited by smedman

Don't you know that buying the boat is only the beginning? You may think that you've got it dialed, & then you'll see one more cool gadget that's a "must-have"....it's a never ending cycle.

I still need a break and some space between the spendings! xmas REALLY wears me out and i like shopping!

I have surfed behind several Tige's and an MC, im sure there was no sac's, but the wake wasnt nearly as big either! Shocking.gif

stu - maybe my temp gauge is off... but i'll tell you - i spent the last four 5 years in surfing in southern ca, and i ALWAYS wore a wetsuit if the water was below 70 - except maybe a really hot spring day

the water felt purty warm the other night -- but wouldn't surprise me if the temp reading was off a few degrees...

-- hopefully we'll see some of ya'll out on the water in the coming weeks... we are almost always surfing...boat is white /blue /black vRide (with no wakeboard racks - yet) Cry.gif Yes wakechick - seems like the boat IS just the beginning...

look forward to meeting the austin crew --- unfortunately we're not gonna make it to the spring WOW as we are due with our first (baby boy) at the end of the month --- we're already trying to figure out how to mount a cradle/babyseat so he can wear a life jacket comfortably...

We will surely run into you guys sooner or later. And congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family!!

Don't you know that buying the boat is only the beginning? You may think that you've got it dialed, & then you'll see one more cool gadget that's a "must-have"....it's a never ending cycle.

I still need a break and some space between the spendings! xmas REALLY wears me out and i like shopping!

I have surfed behind several Tige's and an MC, im sure there was no sac's, but the wake wasnt nearly as big either! Shocking.gif

I'm with ya', believe me. :lol:

I moved up here from Austin in '94 - just missed the big traffic y'all have now - but I do miss that life.

360 bridge ramp in the spring/early summer is some of the best entertainment.

We used to get complaints from property owners about boarding and skiing causing damage so I can just imagine what they think of surfers.