Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing

smedman

Hey you coming to the 2006 Spring Fling WOW on Lake LBJ?

Also check in here so we can contact you for future events

I will check out the video later can't see it at the office.

Edited by RiverRunner

Awwwwl Right!!!!

Get somebody to pull that rope in - looks prettier.

And maybe some models on the back deck.

Oh and some surf music

I'll have to try the hand movements, and see if that helps me speed up when I'm falling back Biggrin.gif

Not to be a dork (ok, maybe a little..) but sure would hate to live on the shore with you surfin by my dock... Other than that - nice clips, thanks for sharin

yes, the arm is essential! it has to be just right... LOL

also, the people on living on the lake are now getting into boogie boarding on their beaches with all the big wakes rolling in... ha ha ha!

Sweet, looks like you have it dialed in pretty good. Get some of the people on the boat in the back corner will add a little more to the wake, on the sun deck is even better.

hey RiverRunner,

Would love to make it to the WOW, but the wife is due at the end of the month, so we'll have to pass this time. Sounds like a blast though!

As for the weight -- I've got two fat sacs in the back locker and two skinny people sitting in the back corner (can't see them in the vid). One driver (my wife, and another friend on the edge of the passenger seat (crazy how shifting her weight just a few inches makes a big diff on the wake), and then one person in the bow.

I'm thinking another 400lb fat sac for the back corner seat -- in lieu of skinny people in the corner. That would be 3 400lbs fat sacs... yee-haw!

hey RiverRunner,

Would love to make it to the WOW, but the wife is due at the end of the month, so we'll have to pass this time. Sounds like a blast though!

As for the weight -- I've got two fat sacs in the back locker and two skinny people sitting in the back corner (can't see them in the vid). One driver (my wife, and another friend on the edge of the passenger seat (crazy how shifting her weight just a few inches makes a big diff on the wake), and then one person in the bow.

I'm thinking another 400lb fat sac for the back corner seat -- in lieu of skinny people in the corner. That would be 3 400lbs fat sacs... yee-haw!

Check this link out I used the Pro-X 750lb. for the first time over the weekend, the next mod. is to plumb them in place of the hard tanks. We are loving them plus we have two 440lbs. and the SLING when needed.

Great video!!!!! my teeth were chattering watching that!!! cccccold water!!!!

are your fat sacks in addition to built in ballast??? any power wedge?? I still have yet to get out and work that wake out.

wakechick,

Fill all of your tanks except the rear side that you're not surfing, stick a 750 in the locker of the side that you are surfing, add 4 normal sized adults, 1 65 lb kid, speed control @ 9.8 mph & you'll get a wave like this one (and we're still dialing it in, so I expect it to get even better):

post-1-1142394965_thumb.jpg

are your fat sacks in addition to built in ballast??? any power wedge?? I still have yet to get out and work that wake out.

Wakechick - yes, the wedge should be down. We just have the manual one - we figured we couldn't go all the way out for our first boat...

We've filled all the built in ballasts, plus the fat sacs yes. But perhaps I need to follow wakegirl's advice and not fill the built in on the passenger side (in my case - goofy foot)

by the way, my temp reading said water was 71 yesterday evening... although some of my friends were shivering... it was a little chilly - i attribute my warmth to the extra 15lbs I put on over the winter ... Biggrin.gif

Wakegirl - nice wake! That thing looks huge!

Wakechick - yes, the wedge should be down. We just have the manual one - we figured we couldn't go all the way out for our first boat...

We've filled all the built in ballasts, plus the fat sacs yes. But perhaps I need to follow wakegirl's advice and not fill the built in on the passenger side (in my case - goofy foot)

by the way, my temp reading said water was 71 yesterday evening... although some of my friends were shivering... it was a little chilly - i attribute my warmth to the extra 15lbs I put on over the winter ... Biggrin.gif

Welcome Smed, It's good to keep building the Austin contingent. You have the newer version of my boat. For surf wake it helps to have No One on the side not surfing on and no sacks on that side either. Oh and one more thing ... are you Sure ir was 71 degree water on Lake Austin, it may not be that warm in June? Crazy.gif

Good call on the Wedge smed, I always take it for granted that people know that it's down. That wave was huge, & both my son & I could surf it a long way back. Try it with the other side empty - I've found that this gives you a little more lean to the boat & defines/cleans/shapes the wake a little better.

wakechick,

Fill all of your tanks except the rear side that you're not surfing, stick a 750 in the locker of the side that you are surfing, add 4 normal sized adults, 1 65 lb kid, speed control @ 9.8 mph & you'll get a wave like this one (and we're still dialing it in, so I expect it to get even better):

Tracie,

That wake is killer!!!!

Welcome Smed, It's good to keep building the Austin contingent. You have the newer version of my boat. For surf wake it helps to have No One on the side not surfing on and no sacks on that side either. Oh and one more thing ... are you Sure ir was 71 degree water on Lake Austin, it may not be that warm in June? Crazy.gif

The best temp I've seen so far in Lake Austin was 66 degrees. But I haven't ventured down below Common Ford Park yet. That's still not to bad for Lake Austin this time of year.

wakechick,

THAT! is a beautiful site!

Will i be alright w/o the fat sack for a while??? I need to take a break from spending...its exhausting Blowup.gif

Im gonna write that down....

The best temp I've seen so far in Lake Austin was 66 degrees. But I haven't ventured down below Common Ford Park yet. That's still not to bad for Lake Austin this time of year.

It was chilly yesterday (for me). im always hesitant at the first outing on LA Baby.gif ...just gotta get in.

we usually stay in the quinlan park area. yes, i know thats almost as cold as it gets, but the water sure is nice!

wakechick,

T, how is the bowrise like that??

It was chilly yesterday (for me). im always hesitant at the first outing on LA Baby.gif ...just gotta get in.

we usually stay in the quinlan park area. yes, i know thats almost as cold as it gets, but the water sure is nice!

The Quinlan park area is where we are always at. We are bound to run into each other soon or later. BTW, we so a brand new dark blue and white 247 when we were out there Monday afternoon. Wonder who it belongs to....sure was purty!!