Sign in to follow this  
Colby2ya

Vacation with boat on neighboring states around Louisiana! (any ideas)

Colby2ya

Ok, so this summer i want to take a vacation somewhere where i can rent a cabin on a lake that has a pier and all that good stuff to bring and park the boat at. I'm from baton rouge, LA, and i would prolly drive the most maybe 5 hours away. Was seeing if anybody know any good spots like that around me, with a popular lake and cabin rentals.

jwl019

From Baton Rouge and 5 hr time frame, would have to say Texas toward Austin area would be nice (Lake Livingston possibly) but I am not real familiar with them. There are a few pretty lakes in N. LA like Caney and Lake Claiborne with cabins but these lakes get really rough on windy days. If you would travel farther, you can't go wrong with Arkansas lakes (De Gray, Ouachita, Hamilton, Greers Ferry).

Horns1

1. Lake Travis or Lake Austin - both in / close to Austin

Lake LBJ - 45 minutes outside Austin

Possum Kingdom - west of dallas / ft worth

Deven

you can't go wrong with Arkansas lakes (De Gray, Ouachita, Hamilton, Greers Ferry).

I'll second that, but I spend most of my time at those lakes

MPDS13

I second Arkansas if you are wiling to travel a little farther. I go to Greers Ferry just about every weekend and love it. google says its about 7-8 hours away from Baton Rouge.

bamabonners
you can't go wrong with Arkansas lakes (De Gray, Ouachita, Hamilton, Greers Ferry).

I'll second that, but I spend most of my time at those lakes

I grew up in Texarkana, TX and spent many summers going to these lakes. Great choices!

jwl019

Starting to think we need an Arkansas WOW (week on water) at Greers Ferry or Ouachita since it's a little ways away from everyone!

bamabonners

Starting to think we need an Arkansas WOW (week on water) at Greers Ferry or Ouachita since it's a little ways away from everyone!

I am in!!

The rest of my family still lives in Texarkana. They go to Lake Greeson often. We had talked about having a vacation in Hot Springs on De Gray like we used to do. My Grandmother still owns a condo on Lake Hamilton, but we haven't been to it in a while.

De Gray is a great lake. Hamilton gets a little busy for me. Ouchita is beautiful. but isn't very developed because of the national forest around it.

BlastRlxi

It's a little far but you could try one of the lakes in Eastern Tennessee. Best part is no water moccassins or gators!

Colby2ya

It's a little far but you could try one of the lakes in Eastern Tennessee. Best part is no water moccassins or gators!

HA, down here in LA that's all i boat with!

Surprised didn't hear nothing about Bethy Creek Resort in Trinity, TX. I put the same post @ wake world and i did some research;looks like the perfect place.

Edited by Colby2ya

jwl019

Best part is no water moccassins or gators!

I prefer to think of them as my bouys for my course. You surely don't want to fall around one of them!

mcdye

You cant go worng with Arkansas lakes, De Gray is right off I-30.

Sride

Ouachita. Its the super bowl of lakes.

jwl019

Bumping an old thread, I am going to be up at Lake Ouachita starting Saturday and staying thru next Saturday if anyone is going to be around the area at one of these fine lakes.

ibelonginprison

damn, you brought this sucker up from the dead. LOL

I was like "why are they linking to WOW from 2013?!" haha