Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Latest Maliview Software?

wakeparadise

Does anyone know what the latest/greatest Maliview software version is? Where can one download the latest update if there is one?

Dealers have to install, I think they know which is the latest from a dealer site.

Dealers have to install, I think they know which is the latest from a dealer site.

Really? The user manual says that the owner can update it via USB.... doesn't look overly complicated... just plug and play.

Some GOOD dealers will offer to fedex the software flash drive to their customers if it's a haul or kinda far to the dealer... Then when it arrives, talk them thru the process on the phone and customer returns via mail.

onwers COULD do the update if they could access the software update, but only dealers get that.

Seems silly to me that Malibu wouldn't want to support their customers as well and just offer this as a software d/l off their site like every other manufacture. On one of my BMW's the software is automatically obtained from the BMW website for their firmware, super simple to d/l and install.... why wouldn't Malibu offer this? Weird.

Edited by wakeparadise

IMO, for the same reason they don't offer a quick engine winterizing like some of the more main stream boats have. It takes too much easy money out of the dealers repair bays.

• Like 2

IMO, for the same reason they don't offer a quick engine winterizing like some of the more main stream boats have. It takes too much easy money out of the dealers repair bays.

Amen brotha! Amen....

Seems silly to me that Malibu wouldn't want to support their customers as well and just offer this as a software d/l off their site like every other manufacture. On one of my BMW's the software is automatically obtained from the BMW website for their firmware, super simple to d/l and install.... why wouldn't Malibu offer this? Weird.

I deal with software daily, i can understand why they do it this way. Say a customer does it and somehow turns their boat into a paperweight, then they complain and blah blah blah.... Just easier to let dealer do it right in my mind.

I deal with software daily, i can understand why they do it this way. Say a customer does it and somehow turns their boat into a paperweight, then they complain and blah blah blah.... Just easier to let dealer do it right in my mind.

I see where you're coming from... and I don't want to get philosophical here, but I have found most Malibu owners to be quite capable and self-starters when it comes to modding, customizing and generally "taking care" of their pride/joy. Like most things in life we're being "dumbed down" to "outsource" anything that's remotely "hard" to do. I grew up under the guidance of fixing things ourselves. Absolutely nothing was ever brought to a dealership, auto-shop, etc, etc... have we been so dumbed down now that we can't even plug in a USB stick and update some simple software? The user-manual even goes into detail on how to do it...

Drives me insane when people run to dealerships (and I'm not talking boats here, but mostly cars) for absolutely everything. How easy is it to change your own oil, brakes, or whatever else is wrong with your machine...? I'm all for supporting a network of dealers , etc, but not when it comes to simple things that they're going to charge me an arm/leg for (I'm not talking boat dealers here, so don't jump on me for this one)

Anyways, my 3 cents, that's all.