Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

kids wakesurf board

JEFFR

I want to get a board for my boys 10 & 12. I have been looking at shred stixx nano, ronix koal 4'6", hyperlite broadcast 4'8". They are too big for the phase 5 scamp Can anybody give me some input. What have you used for your kids. I would like to try and stay surf style, and trying not to break the bank.

My 100 lb son rides the scamp and a phase 5 icon. Both are skim. Kids learn really well on a board that's the right size regardless of whether its skim or surf. The scamp does come with the bigger fun though, which helps with tracking. We've since moved it to the icon which is mostly mom's board.

The Victoria boards are faster and

More responsive than their solar lay priced and sized phase five counterparts. The phase 5 boards are in turn faster and more responsive than the hyperlite boards (which are dogs IMHO).

How heavy and tall are they?

The new Victoria Gremlin boards are a great price for kids and have different sizes too where as other kids boards only have one size.

For surf style, the Walker Project Grom and Shred Stixx Skywalker are great boards.

one is 75 the other is 100 lbs. I do like the shred stixx, found a leftover nano, my dealer is picking up phase 5 so might have to give that a try. I like to support the local guys.

Supporting local is the way to go. The Phase 5 Scamp is a solid kids board. Super easy to learn on, durable, cheap, and made in the USA.

I actually have a Victoria Factor for sale if your interested. I am about 180 and ride it. Need something bigger so looking to buy a new one. Let me know if your interested. It's skim style FYI. The new Ronix has a skim / surf style board that maybe best of both worlds. Price is higher bc it's

a new model but check it out.

Gluck

Claudio

I actually have a Victoria Factor for sale if your interested. I am about 180 and ride it. Need something bigger so looking to buy a new one. Let me know if your interested. It's skim style FYI. The new Ronix has a skim / surf style board that maybe best of both worlds. Price is higher bc it's

a new model but check it out.

Gluck

Claudio

I'd be interested in your victoria factor for the right price. I'm your same weight but looking for a "trickier" board, I have one of the older 5'4" hyperlites. But i'm guessing shipping from michigan to cali would kind of kill prices :/

• 2 weeks later...

didnt realize this was posted in the forum sorry. PM me if you like to discuss further this wasnt the right place.

Thanks

Claudio

Edited by cstk421

How heavy and tall are they?

The new Victoria Gremlin boards are a great price for kids and have different sizes too where as other kids boards only have one size.

For surf style, the Walker Project Grom and Shred Stixx Skywalker are great boards.

This may be an absolutely ridiculous question, but could a Gremlin (removable fin) be a decent skim board for the ocean (beach)?

flapjack, it could work, but the shapes are pretty different. If you are actually looking to wrap waves you would want an ocean skim model such as the Ultra or Poly. Ocean skims are cheaper than wake skims also. Ocean skims are longer, narrower, and have different rails so the can plane to catch waves and then wrap them and ride them back. Wake skimboards are wider with boxy rails that allow the rider to have a more relaxed long ride without too much work.

my youngest won a Phase 5 Scamp... we have since put a much bigger fin on it and he does well on it. 8yrs 70lbs

We took the big fin off of the scamp and switched it out for a smaller one that was on our icon (so the icon has a big fin now). My wife needed the big fin more than our son. At about 100lbs he's about out of the scamp now. Still the best board ever for teaching smaller kids tho.