Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV 23 Surf Wake set up

dustin6364

Ok guys I'm new. I have read a thread on the forum but there was no conclusion, Need a little help, 07 LSV 23 w/1100lb FH port side, 375lb FH tube under port side seat, wedge 3 clicks , I hate the wave , do i need to fill frt and center ballast as well? Possibly add more weight in front? little help , also whats the expense of all the things I need to build a gate system? I am a technician/fabricator by trade. Thanks in Advance and this forum is nice.

I've been told the best way to do it is to weight your whole boat then use the sacs from front to back, so one in the bow on the side your surfing, then on the seat and in the rear locker. Hope this helps, I never surfed much on my 07 and now I have surfgate so I can't even test the theory, let me know if it works out for you!

Wow.

Ok 23 LSV.

Gas tank between 1/3 and 2/3. NOT full.

Front tank 2/3.

Center tank 2/3.

LR tank full.

1100 in the LR trunk maxed out.

Run your tube sac under the port seats.

Put your wedge at 75-80% of the way down to the down locked position. Clicks are subjective.

All weight, coolers, passengers in that left rear corner. There should be nothing heavy on starboard side of the boat except for your driver. Nothing else. You should have an extreme lean.... Really gotta gouge the water with the LR corner of the hull.

Recommend you add another 750-1100lbs on top of your left rear set corner.

10.6 a 11.4 mph is where it's at. You should have a hell of a wave if you follow what's described here. What motor do you have?

Wow.

Ok 23 LSV.

Gas tank between 1/3 and 2/3. NOT full.

Front tank 2/3.

Center tank 2/3.

LR tank full.

1100 in the LR trunk maxed out.

Run your tube sac under the port seats.

Put your wedge at 75-80% of the way down to the down locked position. Clicks are subjective.

All weight, coolers, passengers in that left rear corner. There should be nothing heavy on starboard side of the boat except for your driver. Nothing else. You should have an extreme lean.... Really gotta gouge the water with the LR corner of the hull.

Recommend you add another 750-1100lbs on top of your left rear set corner.

10.6 a 11.4 mph is where it's at. You should have a hell of a wave if you follow what's described here. What motor do you have?

I have the Monsoon motor, so I have a little bit of extra weight already in the back, but here's what I do:

gas tank is about 2/3 full - usually foiling prior to surfing, so tank has never been full when surfing

front tank is full until the tilt and nose high take offs drain a little, so probably 3/4 full

center tank pretty full, can see air bubble moving around

1100lb in left rear maxed out, make sure you reinforce the engine divider

370lb tube sack under seats maxed out

30lb foil hanging from Titan 3 tower on left side with surfboards in the rack also on the left side of tower

all passengers on left side, can usually have them sit where ever they want, just on that side

I am running 4 amps and 4 batteries under the dash on the left side, probably another 400lbs there

wedge 75-80% all the way down, start all the way down and move it up until wave gets nice

speed like said already 10.6+, base it off of your weight and wave

I'm running a 1235 prop, and prop DOES affect the weighting, ran a 1939 and wave was WAY different with the exact same setup

my rubrail is right at the water line while surfing

So, as you can see in the setups nyryan and I have, they are pretty similar. It would be a good starting point, but ALWAYS fine tune for your boat.