Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ 24 or G23 Purchase

aoblak

Deck Base – Black

Deck Accent – Black

Deck Main – Crystal Red Metallic

Hull Main – Charcoal Metallic

Hull Accent – Black

Hull Accent 2 – Crystal Red Metallic

Hull Base - Black

Platform – Black

Tower – Regal

I have heard that the MXZ 24 drives much nicer than the G23.

I've sold my 247 and am getting a g25 and it is very hard to imagine any boat of its size handling better than the 247. Really like a little slot car. Other reasons for the switch but handling is definitely not one of them. Enjoy the MXZ!

Deck Base – Black

Deck Accent – Black

Deck Main – Crystal Red Metallic

Hull Main – Charcoal Metallic

Hull Accent – Black

Hull Accent 2 – Crystal Red Metallic

Hull Base - Black

Platform – Black

Tower – Regal

This look right? Super mean looking!

zf8bOqi.png

How about interior?

• Like 2

Interior Colors

WS snap out (Sterling)

Base – Moonbeam

Main – Lt. Graphite

Accent 1 – Graphite

Accent 2 - Regal

Cushion Panel – Regal

Dash – Regal

This look right? Super mean looking!

zf8bOqi.png

How about interior?

It looks correct, it will get tinted windows and all the tower speakers are Wetsounds black with red led rings

My wife chose the regal tower and all the Wetsounds speakers will be black

Edited by aoblak

Red towers look pretty sweet, I think its a good choice... the all black / dark motif will probably be tough to keep clean but I think you mentioned you had a lift so I am guessing you be able to wipe her down each sesh pretty easy.

I had the opportunity to drive 2 MXZ 24's last week and a G23. The MXZ drives and handles like a direct drive the G23 handles like a barge.

Stock wake to stock wake the G23 is bigger but I would expect it to be bigger because it has double the ballast.

Well I place the order for my new boat on Saturday and we decided to order a 2013 MXZ 24

Not that I'm calling your opinion into question but want to know for my own benefit. Did the mxz have the wedge down? Because if the MXZ handled better than the g23 even with the wedge down, that's saying something. In my boat when i slam it and drop the wedge it handles like a barge (23LSV).

Not that I'm calling your opinion into question but want to know for my own benefit. Did the mxz have the wedge down? Because if the MXZ handled better than the g23 even with the wedge down, that's saying something. In my boat when i slam it and drop the wedge it handles like a barge (23LSV).

My opinion was that the G23 handled like a barge and the Malibu's that I drove had the wedge up and down

My opinion was that the G23 handled like a barge and the Malibu's that I drove had the wedge up and down

Where you located? I'm Trying to find dealers on the East Coast that have one available for test driving, and that's easier said than done

I demo'd G23 today, with the 6.0L 450hp PCM. VERY impressive. understand the G23 is almost 6000lb 23ft boat. basically same weight as the 247. IMO it handled like a 21 or 22ft boat, very tight, punchy, maneuverable and responsive for being such a big heavy wakeboat. and I drove it like a madman to put it thru its paces empty and with full ballast. not even completed filled with 2800lbs ballast did it handle like a barge. F'n straight launched out of the water from a dead start. Very little bow rise and very little risk of dipping the bow under waves when full . and believe me I know barge driving with a slammed 247 setup for surf. YES, back off hard off the throttle fast with full ballast and you will have a roller wash water over the transom walkthru and splash some forward, I tried to make it do it and it did. Not the biggest deal, maybe 3gals of water? Show me a Malibu that wont take a wave(10,20, 30gals?) over the bow when sac'd out. we've all learned how to drive to avoid that. same applies unless you are a fanboy with something to gain and cant make an objective assessment.

Now, with that said, I have NOT driven the MXZ24. I do have 150+hrs behind a 247.

Have I mentioned that I think the piG23 is the ugliest Moomba on the water? LOL

In all honestly, i can understand why people like the piG23. It is very roomy, has some neat features, and the wave is huge. Go big or go home!

My dealer has a supercharged 24MXZ coming in. I believe it is being built right now. I have no need for a boat that big, but I want to go out on it to see that engine!