Sign in to follow this  
Colby2ya

Install for Exile ZLD (where old stereo is)

Colby2ya

So I want to install my exile ZLD where my stock radio was. Oh the boat is a 2007 VLX. So i want to put the ZLD under the arm rest. Anybody is familiar with this, or have any pics/tips on this install?

Bawshogg

Should be fairly easy. Metra , or all the other installtion kit manufacturers all make kits to go from DIN to 1/2 DIN. Some have dedicated EQ pockets also. See here. Something like this http://www.amazon.com/American-International-UPK750-Multiapplication-Pocket/dp/B00011KLIO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3 . Take the old stereo out, install this kit in place and put the ZLD in it.

bvdhvy

Wondering how this turned out? Also if you like it. I have been thinking of doing similar project this spring.

Colby2ya

My RCAs ended up being to short so i installed under the dash. At the end of this upcoming season, i plan to buy some longer RCAs and go for it!

shawndoggy

imho putting the eq in the armrest totally defeats the biggest feature which is a big knob within easy reach.

SuperchargedC6

I just had this done a few weeks ago. I had my stereo guy put the head unit under the dash to the left and move my ws420 to the old radio location. It works out way better for control while underway. Very happy with the results.

post-19093-136447036859_thumb.jpgpost-19093-136447038515_thumb.jpg