Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carport for the boat

wakedncsu

A buddy of mine just gave me his old tarp carport. I believe it will be tall enough to store the boat with the tower collapsed. What I don't know is how long it should be. When I measured it before taking it down it was 24 feet in length. If I have a 21 foot boat would this be long enough to protect it? I am planning on getting a tarp to cover the top and down the sides, but I won't have any protection from each end. I was thinking I could but a couple more pieces to extend the length. I just need to make sure I match it to a tarp width.

What are all of your thoughts.

Personally I would extend it to 30' length. a 21' boat with platform will come out around 23' which will fit but if the wind with rain or snow blows into front or rear your boat is still going to be in the elements. 30' would give you 3' front and rear extra. The other option would be to cover the front and rear as well and keep the 24'L Just my $.02.

Yeah yeah. I'm planning on still covering the boat with the malibu boat cover. This will just be better protection. My goal is to have a garage for it at the end of the year. Where I store the boat right now is temporary (my sister's house is close to the lake but she rents). So for this summer I'm looking to invest some money to protect it from the elements as best I can. I figure for a couple hundred bucks I can get a tarp and a few more pieces of metal tubing. I don't have my boat right now, and i'm trying to order all the pieces before I pull the boat out of storage.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it.

Jeremy