Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions - Reversible Ballast Set Up 23 LSV

mblaza

I'm looking at putting in Johnson or Jabsco ballast system from wakemakers.com in my 08 LSV.

I can't decide between the 1100 lb fly high sacs and the 900 sumo sacs. The fly high only have a 3/4 input, so I'm thinking if you ran the whole thing in 1" it's still going to bottle neck causing a slower fill and drain time. As the sumo sacs may be a bit smaller but, they have a 1" input, so I would imagine the fill/drain time would be much faster?

Has anyone had experience on either of these systems? If so, can you post a few pictures of your install or point me to another thread. I'm going to do it proper by installing 2 new 1" thru halls and having them drain above waterline.

I'm looking at putting in Johnson or Jabsco ballast system from wakemakers.com in my 08 LSV.

I can't decide between the 1100 lb fly high sacs and the 900 sumo sacs. The fly high only have a 3/4 input, so I'm thinking if you ran the whole thing in 1" it's still going to bottle neck causing a slower fill and drain time. As the sumo sacs may be a bit smaller but, they have a 1" input, so I would imagine the fill/drain time would be much faster?

Has anyone had experience on either of these systems? If so, can you post a few pictures of your install or point me to another thread. I'm going to do it proper by installing 2 new 1" thru halls and having them drain above waterline.

Even with the 1100's, your only gonna get 900 in the locker. Heres a link to some diagrams.

http://media.wakemakers.com/2012/04/how-to-ballast-system-layout-diagram-gallery/

I just put in a Johnson with 1" lines and 1" fittings on my 1100lb FH bag. You need to order a W743 1" fitting that replaces the original 3/4" fitting. It screws right in and the only difference between the 2 is the larger 1" ID of the fitting. I have a few pictures of my install over in the boat house. Good luck, Bill.

If you use the Johnson/Jabsco you only have to put in one hole for fill/drn unless you want to use a vent to monitor when it is full like some of us have.

Edited by wdr