Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Tower Knob coming loose?

Fman

Send a PM to IXFE (username), I think he was having this happen on his 2012, it was cross threading the bolt on on side and the dealer had to re-align the tower.

Send a PM to IXFE (username), I think he was having this happen on his 2012, it was cross threading the bolt on on side and the dealer had to re-align the tower.

Yes, I had this issue. The threads of the G3 knob were rubbing up against the side of the hole in the tower base. This caused resistance when you'd screw the knob into place, giving the impression that it was being cross-threaded (it actually wasn't cross threaded, just some added friction caused by the contact with the tower base).

The solution was the dealer was able to re-align the tower base with the rest of the tower so the holes line up better. This was done under warranty. If you dealer has issues, tell them to call Active Water Sports to understand how they did it.

Yes, I had this issue. The threads of the G3 knob were rubbing up against the side of the hole in the tower base. This caused resistance when you'd screw the knob into place, giving the impression that it was being cross-threaded (it actually wasn't cross threaded, just some added friction caused by the contact with the tower base).

The solution was the dealer was able to re-align the tower base with the rest of the tower so the holes line up better. This was done under warranty. If you dealer has issues, tell them to call Active Water Sports to understand how they did it.

Crap, I have this issue on my 2010. Looks like I need to have Active fix it. Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Thanks everyone!  Had this issue with my 14 LSV trailering boat to lake.  made it there and realized one of the knobs was missing!  Had dealer replace while at lake and found that it kept loosening while on lake.  tightened knobs even with applying pressure to tower to take gap out still did not work.  Used 1/4" allen socket to tighten and was able to get another half turn which corrected issue.  Thanks!