Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu finally adds "Malibu Green Metallic" to Build-a-Boat...

IXFE

This just appeared this morning in Build-a-Boat. Before today, only dealers could do this color on whatever system they have access to.

Note that it's called "Malibu Green Metallic" not "Monster Green" as some have been saying.

MalibuGreenMetallic_zpsc276f81a.jpg

There are still other glitches with Build-a-Boat...

1) The default color for the tower is black. But if you change it to a different color, you can't go back to black. The black option disappears.

2) The default trim color on the dash is white. But if you change it to a different color, you can't go back to white. The white option disappears.

3) Still missing the non-metallic lime green color (as seen on the 20 MXZ below)

4) Build-a-boat doesn't tell you if you picked a color that is extra $$. I-spec used to warn you about this.

5) Machine Silver Metallic looks way too dark when it's on the boat... almost like Charcoal Metallic.

6) Somebody else mentioned an issue with the hull accent on the LSV Progressive scheme.

wakesettermxz.jpg

There are still other glitches with Build-a-Boat...

1) The default color for the tower is black. But if you change it to a different color, you can't go back to black. The black option disappears.

2) The default trim color on the dash is white. But if you change it to a different color, you can't go back to white. The white option disappears.

3) Still missing the non-metallic lime green color (as seen on the 20 MXZ below)

4) Build-a-boat doesn't tell you if you picked a color that is extra $$. I-spec used to warn you about this.

5) Machine Silver Metallic looks way too dark when it's on the boat... almost like Charcoal Metallic.

6) Somebody else mentioned an issue with the hull accent on the LSV Progressive scheme.

wakesettermxz.jpg

Couple other issues, you dont get a rear view of the transom area, it would be nice to get a view of the swim deck/transom when looking at color options. And most of the colors dont look anything like they do in real life, there has to be a better program available to improve color clarity to match what it looks like when you recieve the boat.

are you sure that's a lime green? I'm out of the loop if this has been added, but that looks like the standard green with a lot of sun on it

Yes, I'm sure that's a different green than standard. At least my dealer says so...

More issues with Build-a-Boat:

7) The "white" vinyl doesn't look white at all. In fact, it looks identical in the tool to "moonbeam."

8) There is no option for WS logo carpet.

9) There is no way to change the color of the floor pan. It shows white no matter what.

10) I think they should allow you to add bimini, racks (dual or quad), tower speakers, etc.

Kinda off topic but were do I find all the optional equipment for the boats on the website

You won't find it there. It's a shame. The old i-spec didn't produce very realistic renderings, but at least it showed all the options and gave descriptions.

so many issues with build a boat and the malibu website:

Many of the LSV pictures in the gallery are of a VLX, not a LSV.

Not a defintition of what they call dry weight.

driftwood interior looks different depending on where you put it

moonbeam and platinum are not accurate

floor pan colors are not available

seat panel color doesn't show up well

**I want to see a trailer view as well with color options

Yes, I'm sure that's a different green than standard. At least my dealer says so...

its the same green... its extreme green just has some sun to it.. your dealer is wrong sorry to say..