Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Multiple heaters

Festivus

New to the "crew" forum, also new as a BU owner, in fact, mine gets here in about 2 weeks...

I have read in a few places that people are putting multiple heaters as an option on their boats. We live near Denver and the more heaters the better. Anyone have any info on this? Also, is it possible for the dealer to move the heater outlets?

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new bu.

We just had a second heater installed on the new 247 and it turned out excellent. We cannot even imagine why did not have one on the previous boat. I will have pics later in the week if you would like.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Not really an option to move the original heater outlet locations, but adding a second heater is always worthwhile.

We have had the factory install twin heaters in a RLXi I think 3 times now, and once in our new W247.

Peter. :)

Peter,

Where did you folks install the second heater in the w247? just looking to compare notes. (both unit location and outlet location) Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

So was the second heater done @ the factory or at the dealer? My dealer was sort of clueless about it as an option, but I really want it done. Any pictures and locations would be very helpful.

thanks

And where did you add the second heater in the Rlxi?

I have two heaters, one under the dash for the driver and one behind the observer seat with tow hot tubes for the passengers. Heaters are run in parallel with separate switches.

My dealer had to do the install since the factory would not. My dealer did one of the slickest installs that I have ever seen, looked totally factory. I will try to have pics for you later in the week.

What model of boat do you have coming? Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

jetskipro- thanks for following my thread, those guys sort of butchered me a few times for "trying to start a war" but I really wanted some legit feedback.

hotrod- I have the W247 coming, it should look really close to my avatar, at least those are the colors I chose. Arrives at the local dealer (in Denver) on March 23rd. THen off to the canvas shop and the stereo guys.

Yeah, any pictures of the 2nd heater would be great. I didn't care much for the location of the 3 heater vents- One in the walkthru and two for the driver? I would like two vents in the port side for riders and my kids to stay warm with. It would make a big difference. I am guessing with the 8.1 two heaters shouldn't be a problem?

I don't know if they've changed it but on the outlet in my walkthrough you can pull the vent out and there is 3-4' of extra vent hose back there so you can stretch it over to your observer so they stay warm. An observers dash outlet and a rear passenger outlet would be nice though...

I installed a second 3 outlet heater in my RLXi last spring. Put it behind the observers seat area but mounted it to what would be the back of the bow seat. I put two of the hot tubes snorkel outlets by the feet of the observer and one of the hot tube snorkels in place of the cup holder by the glove box (blows warm air on the back of your head and also defogs the windshield). I ran my cores in series.

Peter,

Where did you folks install the second heater in the w247? just looking to compare notes. (both unit location and outlet location) Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Mid-way back under the passenger seat, with 3 snorkels, spaced out on passenger side.

Peter. :)

I installed a second 3 outlet heater in my RLXi last spring. Put it behind the observers seat area but mounted it to what would be the back of the bow seat. I put two of the hot tubes snorkel outlets by the feet of the observer and one of the hot tube snorkels in place of the cup holder by the glove box (blows warm air on the back of your head and also defogs the windshield). I ran my cores in series.

\

skislut/

so how do they work, are they warm at idel speed. i think i want to put in 2 heaters in my response

Festivus, Peter,

We worked long and hard at placing our heater and vent in not only a convenient place but in a place that would not affect storage. We ended up with the heater unit itself behind the trash can below the seat back, with the hoses running through the engine side panel and under the center seat/tray. All three hoses are spaced below the tray, above the vdrive. It really looks sharp and does what we wanted. We ran the switch up front .I will have some pics by the weekend hopefully for anyone who is interested.

Pictures please I am going to install my own soon.

I have the V-ride and now after reading you can run them in series

I might want to run on both sides and I like the defog idea too.

ITCH

wsdud --- they work great. I also installed the low rpm heat fix, you do lose some heat at idle of course-- i'd say it drops to 75-80%. But it's a lot better than the dropping to 0% before I had the low rpm fix.

I wired the power to one of the empty Acces. switches. Didn't bother to do a Hi/Lo, just wired it to Hi.

It only took probably 3 hours total work time to install, but it took me another 3 to 5 hours to figure out where to position things and where to run everything so that it made sense. The only odd ball tool I needed was a 4" hole saw/drill bit.

I can do a quick write up and take a picture or two if you really want to know what I did.

Anyone able to send pictures of the multiple heater/outlets? I am going in on Tuesday (3-28) to see the new W247 and we are going to make the decisions on the 2nd heater then. Any pictures would be a great way for me to describe to the install guy how I want it done or how it has been done by others. I'll be posting pictures of that sweet thang Tuesday night.......

Festivus,

My boat is still at the dealership but I am supposed to get it on friday. If I am able to pick it up friday I will get you pics on the weekend. This installation is really clean I think that you will like it.