Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nice upgrade for pre 09 V-Ride and maybe pre 05 VLX

Bradley Thornton

So my friend had a 08 VLX I took the center seat plastic tub out and it fit right in my 06 V-Ride. Maybe wrong but I think it may fit in the pre 05 VLX The size is L 26 3/4" W 13" H 4 1/2". The fact is I use it at all times and it cuts down on a lot of noise coming from the V-Drive. I ordered it from Bakesonline.com It was a little over a bill 2 years ago I think. If you need a pic let me know.

My 247 has a tub there, and it always seems to collect water, and it also is not quite big enough for a wakeboard handle and rope. So I leave mine empty. The water is the biggest reason I don't put anything in it.

My 247 has a tub there, and it always seems to collect water, and it also is not quite big enough for a wakeboard handle and rope. So I leave mine empty. The water is the biggest reason I don't put anything in it.

I drilled holes in all 4 corners and in the center of it. It holds my surf rope and my wakeboard rope the handle I put one cushion over.

Good idea, will have to look. Has anyone ever tried to fit the newer warming tray above the engine in an older vlx/v-ride? Would be cool if it would work.

Good idea, will have to look. Has anyone ever tried to fit the newer warming tray above the engine in an older vlx/v-ride? Would be cool if it would work.

Didn't work in the V-Ride tried the same day. If someone can check the measurements and let me know if it will fit in the VLX.

I have never looked at the clearance. I just thought about it today. that would make sense as the engine sits pretty high.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

So my friend had a 08 VLX I took the center seat plastic tub out and it fit right in my 06 V-Ride. Maybe wrong but I think it may fit in the pre 05 VLX The size is L 26 3/4" W 13" H 4 1/2". The fact is I use it at all times and it cuts down on a lot of noise coming from the V-Drive. I ordered it from Bakesonline.com It was a little over a bill 2 years ago I think. If you need a pic let me know.

I might be able to measure my space tonight but are these dimensions for the tub? I assume there is a 1/2" flange or so...?

I might be able to measure my space tonight but are these dimensions for the tub? I assume there is a 1/2" flange or so...?

This is the size of the hole you need it should fit your Vride I would like someone to let us know if it fits the VLX for sure

This is the size of the hole you need it should fit your Vride I would like someone to let us know if it fits the VLX for sure

Now I get what it is (ours is just a flat plastic piece there). I'm not 100% sure if that will clear the baskets on my speakers there or the V-drive, but I'm 100% sure it has no chance of clearing my ballast pumps. Good use of the space if you have it.

Now I get what it is (ours is just a flat plastic piece there). I'm not 100% sure if that will clear the baskets on my speakers there or the V-drive, but I'm 100% sure it has no chance of clearing my ballast pumps. Good use of the space if you have it.

I have these speakers (M2s) in my boat they do hit but it still fits its just tight.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=112087

Yea, my 05 has a different trans with a dipstick on top. Not sure when they changed to the trans above. I don't have a flat piece there either, just a big opening. The ballast pumps are really low in the bilge, and the speakers are not terribly deep or high. Might still be possible to get a tray to fit in there. Maybe custom build one to fit?

I have these speakers (M2s) in my boat they do hit but it still fits its just tight.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=112087

I have these speakers: http://www.polkaudio.com/products/mm651

But even if those cleared, there is no chance of clearing my 3 ballast pumps. They are all mounted on the wall of that area (so that they are out of the way), and are just short enough to clear the flat plastic board that goes over top.

I have these speakers: http://www.polkaudio.com/products/mm651

But even if those cleared, there is no chance of clearing my 3 ballast pumps. They are all mounted on the wall of that area (so that they are out of the way), and are just short enough to clear the flat plastic board that goes over top.

Can you let me know if the hole is the right size and if it would fit depth wise if you didn't have the pumps in that spot if it want fit the VLXs I will take that off the topic name.