Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini options for 2013 VLX

Web

I never put my boat in a garage so I'm getting the slider. I've heard that Cs is coming up with a quick release system that ill just get when it comes out. I was told that the Oder is not only wayyyyyyyy easier to deploy and put away, but that it is way way sturdier than the other style biminis. By friend who has been testing one says he can tow with the slider up at 80mph all day without it shuttering or moving at all. I had z5s on my last 5 boats, and if what he says is true, ill be very happy with the slider, because I won't have to worry about stowing it every single time I put my boat up, and because I intend to sew surf pockets on my Bimini.

Here is a good picture of the CS Slider bimini and the G3 tower mirror, it looks like they dont really work well together. Notice how far out the slider bimini is extended. If you are not using the G3 tower mirror, then this will not be an issue for anyone. Appears to be a huge design flaw, poor r&d.

Slider_bimini_zps7c2a954d.jpg

Even if you rotate mirror down, it still imo looks like it does not fit properly against the front tower hoop. My '11 tucked up nicely against the front crosshoop when the bimini was collapsed, it had a very clean look. This looks like they made the bimini and then realized the mirror was going to be mounted on the front hoop.

Haha... After having to have mine specially made, I'm just interested in seeing any new Bimini designs for these towers. I haven't looked at these designs closely (need to get to my computer) but I have yet to see a factory Bimini that actually provides shade. Every picture ive ever seen of the previous biminis (for illusion & G3 towers) shows about a 4' x 4' area of shade that may or may not be in the boat.... Depending on the angle of the sun.

IMO,, you either get shade or you get to stand under your Bimini...... Not both.

Anyway.....Just anxious to see if the manufacturers will solve that problem eventually....

Exactly, 4ft of shade dont cut it for me. Its a $900 option, I expect a lot more function. To me that the biminis offered thru Bu look like a total after thought stuck on top, there you go! And it looks so stupid. Who cares if you can walk under it. Form should follow function.

I always thought the G3 bimini was actually pretty good for shade coverage, a large portion of the lounge area seems to be covered. I am 6'1", and standing up is a must for me, I hated ducking under my Z5 rack when I had it on my first boat.

It gets so hot here in the summer shade is a must or you gotta stay home. BS I like that bimini. Looks like the one I had made for my 03. Low and long.

I am thinking of not ordering the bimini and just get something made custom after I take delivery. My concern is I don't know if there is room to fit a bimini under the G3 esp. with 4 speakers on the tower and then the board racks might be in the way.

To each their own, that's for sure...... but I don't have the need to stand under the bimini...... plus, with an infant/toddler on board as much as she is, real shade is a must.......

I like my low bimini because when we're riding there are seats that are completely sunny (bow), seats that get a mix of sun & shade (rear bench) and seats that are totally shaded for the kids & those that are burnt out on the sun (driver, observer, port side bench). When we're floating around, everyone that wants to soak up sun sits in the bow or on the sundeck anyway. Here's mine....

slip_zpscb74e1c2.jpg

nicest bimini on a bu. i have a under tower bimini on the old carbon blade tower and love it. i have never understood why malibu has such a high useless bimini. the ones on the tower before the g3 where a joke, the g3 biminis are big but way to high and look like a baseball cap backwards with the hump over the bars. the z5 is nice but $$$$. i would like to see a bimini like above on a g3.