Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 stock surf wave

raceman121

hey dose anyone have a picture of a 2012 247 lsv surf wave using only the stock mls ballast? I am thinking about buying one and its to cold right now to go for a test drive so was hoping you guys could provide me with a picture!

Stock surf on just about anything sucks.

You are talking without surfgate right?

Throw an 1100lb sac in the trunk inaddition to factory tanks and you have a good surf wave.

Take a 750lb tube sac and run it under your surf side seats and you have a great surf wave.

Throw an additional 1100lb sac on top of your surfside seats...wedge at 75%, 11mph, all folks on the surf side and you have the best surfwake on the planet. You could do this with a 23 or a 247, but you'll need the bigger motor.

Stock surf on just about anything sucks.

You are talking without surfgate right?

Throw an 1100lb sac in the trunk inaddition to factory tanks and you have a good surf wave.

Take a 750lb tube sac and run it under your surf side seats and you have a great surf wave.

Throw an additional 1100lb sac on top of your surfside seats...wedge at 75%, 11mph, all folks on the surf side and you have the best surfwake on the planet. You could do this with a 23 or a 247, but you'll need the bigger motor.

Is a 325hp indmar on my 02 vlx enough for that heavy of ballast? I plan to put a 750 on the surf side & either people or a 400 pound sack on the seat. I am going to put a 370 pound in the front locker & another 400 pounds in the nose. I have a 4 blade prop, not sure on what type.

Is a 325hp indmar on my 02 vlx enough for that heavy of ballast? I plan to put a 750 on the surf side & either people or a 400 pound sack on the seat. I am going to put a 370 pound in the front locker & another 400 pounds in the nose. I have a 4 blade prop, not sure on what type.

Can it, yes. you will need a prop change and don't expect to win any drag races. it will do it though.

I have the same boat and many times with only my wife and 9yr old son. I took out the hard tank in the locker and out 750 in each side.

My surf set up:

750 filled on surf side (im regular)

About 500lbs on the seats

Center tank filled

250lbs on the bow

I can easily go ropeless all day with this setup.

With 6 friends on board, Ill adjust accordingly.

I have the same boat and many times with only my wife and 9yr old son. I took out the hard tank in the locker and out 750 in each side. My surf set up: 750 filled on surf side (im regular) About 500lbs on the seats Center tank filled 250lbs on the bow I can easily go ropeless all day with this setup. With 6 friends on board, Ill adjust accordingly.

Did you change props? If not what prop do you have or what prop did you get?