Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need a replacement Center Seat TUB!

dielawn

Hey crew,

Does anyone know where to find a replacement tub that would normally fit under the center back seat of my 07 VTX? We have to travel with the center seat stowed and the tub must have caught some air underneath it and it blew out of the boat never to be seen again. I checked bakes but I was unable to find anything. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bakesonline.com. I ordered one for my 06 Vride they didn't put them in the Vride but the 08 VLX fits just fine. Think I paid about a bill for it.

I added 2 pieces of vinyl strap with snaps to just under the seat bout 4" from each end of seat and now don't have to tow with seat out. Barely noticeable and does the job.If you want a really durable tub, you can fab one form fiberglass w thin wood bottom that works great and you can put some ribs in the bottom so stuff does not slide around as much ect... Saw a glass tub like that in another boat, looked and worked great, gave me the idea of using glass to fix mine that had cracks along sides ect,, now all good and durable.

Edited by h2ojunkie

Is there supposed to be a tub beneath rear seat between it and vdrive?

Not in our "oldie" boats haha. They started doing it in the newer boats. But I am curious if we could use the ones from the new boats. But I kinda feel just like our engine is too high for a tub above that, our Vdrive might be too high for a tub also.

Not in our "oldie" boats haha. They started doing it in the newer boats. But I am curious if we could use the ones from the new boats. But I kinda feel just like our engine is too high for a tub above that, our Vdrive might be too high for a tub also.

Little info

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41895-nice-upgrade-for-pre-09-v-ride-and-maybe-pre-05-vlx/