Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newb with New (to us) VLX

racer808

Hi Everybody. Been lurking for a bit, was going in a different direction looking for Sangers, Moombas, but then I tripped across this one with low hours, everything we wanted for upgrades & it was just over 20k after i beat him down. So here's our entry to the Malibu world! Very excited, we were nervous about the colors & driving 15 hours one way but when we turned the corner & saw it for the first time we knew it was worth it. She is so sexy in person, the pic does it no justice

IMG_20130222_133505_zps931a93ee.jpg

Congrats! We picked up an 02 at the very end of last season, I love the wake and can't wait for the water to warm up a bit more. Also props on making the long drive, these boats are hard to come by, I've seen so many people hesitate and then the boat sells to someone else.

Edited by petefranc

Congrats! We picked up an 02 at the very end of last season, I love the wake and can't wait for the water to warm up a bit more. Also props on making the long drive, these boats are hard to come by, I've seen so many people hesitate and then the boat sells to someone else.

I thought I got a steal on the price so I listed it here in Denver for 6500 more then we paid & had 8 emails when I woke up this morning with people wanting to come by & look, offering to pay asking if I held it for them. Made me feel really good about the deal. Took the ad down & told everyone it has been sold. I think I am going to have to get a dry suit & take her out early

Nice looking boat! Congrats. Noticed you're in Denver- Hope we keep getting snow so there will be water In the lakes this summer.

Amen to that! I am deff going to do a couple 3 day weekends at Powell & a few weekends at Mac in NB.

Thanks guys, hopefully I don't find any surprises when it's water time. I do think the Vdrive packing needs a good tightening though. There was water in the locker after our test. Which was a huge tank the marine backed the boat into so it could be started & put into drive. Starting to get ballast & stereo things figured out so hopefully this weekend I can finish drilling holes & mounting amp racks, rewire the battery for a dual batter & switch set up. I would like to go beat the heck out of the Malibu engineer who thought putting the stereo on the right hand side of the Helm was a good idea :rant:

Thanks guys, hopefully I don't find any surprises when it's water time. I do think the Vdrive packing needs a good tightening though. There was water in the locker after our test. Which was a huge tank the marine backed the boat into so it could be started & put into drive. Starting to get ballast & stereo things figured out so hopefully this weekend I can finish drilling holes & mounting amp racks, rewire the battery for a dual batter & switch set up. I would like to go beat the heck out of the Malibu engineer who thought putting the stereo on the right hand side of the Helm was a good idea :rant:

I personally like it there, I use my Zune instead anyway. It keeps the dash smaller and less cluttered, but the Sony remote works well too.

I completely agree with the wrong placement of the stereo, I'm guessing yours is exactly where mine is at (under your right arm rest), the way I go around this is to get a bluetooth enabled stereo and connect an iphone/ipod touch to it through bluetooth, that way someone else can pick music and change the volume while you focus on pulling your rider. One less distraction makes a safer driver.

I completely agree with the wrong placement of the stereo, I'm guessing yours is exactly where mine is at (under your right arm rest), the way I go around this is to get a bluetooth enabled stereo and connect an iphone/ipod touch to it through bluetooth, that way someone else can pick music and change the volume while you focus on pulling your rider. One less distraction makes a safer driver.

It has a nice new kenwood deck with a remote control. I am actually thinking at this point I may leave the arm rest cover off & try that for a while. Maybe upgrade the deck next year. I actually want Sirus more then I want MP3's. Seems like all I do is scan through the thousands of MP3s I don't want to hear to find one song I like. Funny how that works with large music collections

It has a nice new kenwood deck with a remote control. I am actually thinking at this point I may leave the arm rest cover off & try that for a while. Maybe upgrade the deck next year. I actually want Sirus more then I want MP3's. Seems like all I do is scan through the thousands of MP3s I don't want to hear to find one song I like. Funny how that works with large music collections

I have (had) this same problem.

What I started doing is building a "boat playlist" over the winter. The playlist usually ends up being about 3-500 songs, and relatively eclectic. Instead of searching for a particular song, I just skip ahead to the next song or the song after that and it's something I'm bound to like.

I'm on year four of that process, and I still keep each playlist on my phone. They are all a little different and sometimes I revert back to a prior list. There's also a "kids list" where my teenagers put all their tunes so that they don't have to suffer through van halen to get to lady gaga.

I have (had) this same problem.

What I started doing is building a "boat playlist" over the winter. The playlist usually ends up being about 3-500 songs, and relatively eclectic. Instead of searching for a particular song, I just skip ahead to the next song or the song after that and it's something I'm bound to like.

I'm on year four of that process, and I still keep each playlist on my phone. They are all a little different and sometimes I revert back to a prior list. There's also a "kids list" where my teenagers put all their tunes so that they don't have to suffer through van halen to get to lady gaga.

Ugh, the Gaga not allowed. Maybe Poker Face once but that's it! I'm lucky with the boy as we like most of the same music. The girl however likes all that R&B crap, so we settle on house music which I like & she can groove to