Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ trumps LSV/VLX on cool factor?...

darthwhitey

Maybe it's just me, but I'm trying to "build a boat" on the Malibu site, (and I've scoured the internet on color schemes), but nothing looks as cool as the MXZ boats!

All the colors just work better, and the hull design kinda lends itself to multiple colors. The traditional "V" hull on the LSV/VLX just don't make cool boats! I keep going back to plain old white.

I know this is all very subjective, but has anyone else felt this way?

** Before you say "so buy a MXZ then"...I'm concerned with the surf wave (with Surf Gate) as compared to the other boats, I've heard they (MXZ's) wakeboard great but don't surf as well.

I know what you mean... the MXZ looks great, especially in the designer on the website. In person though I think the classic look of the LSV / VLX looks great, the picklefork design looks hot to some and fugly to others.

All white LSV would look great, I almost chose that design myself.

One thing about the designer, there is a bug with the Progressive color scheme on the LSV that makes it look much worse IMO. In the lower section the paint should extend to just below the accent line, but instead it goes above. Here's the difference:

3WSgj9D.jpg

Here is how it should look:

7gClaRa.jpg

I did this photoshop version of my boat and had my dealer confirm with Malibu thats how it would look before my boat was done :D

thanks, that's great to know

I think the Malibu "build your boat" program has gotten better, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think Nautique's is much better. It sure seems to me that in today's world these could be pretty awesome. Of course, I'm no computer programmer. :blush:

different boats for different folks. I prefer the classic lines of the LSV/VLX, but can appreciate the MXZ and wouldn't mind having one. Personally, I would like to see the rear bench seat and removeable hard cooler incorporated into the LSV. that would make it perfect IMO.

IMO the MXZ is the best looking boat in Malibu's lineup (and one of the best looking inboards out there from any maker). So cool factor to that. I'm sure the surf wake can be fine with the right weighting, just probably not as easy as some of the other Malibu lineup.

The MXZ has grown on me, when it was first introduced I did not care for it, but after seeing it for the past year it is a very sweet looking boat. The 22 MXZ is a little disappointing on seating space in the main lounge area, for us this makes no sense to have more people in the bow and less room in the lounge area (comparing to the VLX). We like to hang out and relax in the lounge area, and having 3-4 people sit in the bow when driving only makes it more difficult for the driver to see on the water.

That being said, I am amazed on how all the models have some great lines, and different looks with different color schemes.

The MXZ has grown on me, when it was first introduced I did not care for it, but after seeing it for the past year it is a very sweet looking boat. The 22 MXZ is a little disappointing on seating space in the main lounge area, for us this makes no sense to have more people in the bow and less room in the lounge area (comparing to the VLX). We like to hang out and relax in the lounge area, and having 3-4 people sit in the bow when driving only makes it more difficult for the driver to see on the water.

That being said, I am amazed on how all the models have some great lines, and different looks with different color schemes.

Man I sat in one at the boat show. Maybe it is because my VLX is so old, but the seating wasn't any worse than what I currently had. In fact, it was a little larger for me since my beam isn't as wide. Maybe a newer VLX has more seating so much that you can feel a difference in it being smaller, but I didn't have that experience. I love the look of them. And I freaking love the seat next to the platform. That thing is awesome. So much better for suiting up and chilling on the back of that boat.

Picking the boat that suits you best is what you should buy.

I had intentions of buying a VLX but after going to the factory and sitting in every boat at the show we decide to order the MXZ. There seems to be a lot of discussion about the surf but I have to believe that it just takes a bit more tweeking which is part of the joy of owning a boat....just my opinion.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Malibu boats. They are all awesome and will provide memories forever.

• Like 1

Man I sat in one at the boat show. Maybe it is because my VLX is so old, but the seating wasn't any worse than what I currently had. In fact, it was a little larger for me since my beam isn't as wide. Maybe a newer VLX has more seating so much that you can feel a difference in it being smaller, but I didn't have that experience. I love the look of them. And I freaking love the seat next to the platform. That thing is awesome. So much better for suiting up and chilling on the back of that boat.

In 2009+ they increased beam width to 100" on the vlx. I believe the vlx has more sq ft of space in lounge area than mxz. I think the mxz looks sweet, just not a fan of how they did the lounge area.

I love the MXZ. As mentioned above, the transom seating is awesome. There is nothing better than sitting there after a tiring ride and enjoying a cold pop while appreciating the tranquility of the river.

Everybody says the MXZ is small behind the windshield. It doesn't look small to me, but I haven't taken a tape measure to it. Maybe I should. My suspicion is that it is a bit shorter than a VLX behind in the cabin, but isn't it also deeper and wider? Perhaps that gives it a more spacious feel.

The other thing I like about the MXZ are the 3-dimensional lines on the side of the hull. The VLX has a little bit of that too, but not as much. The LSV is just flat. I think we'll see more of that as Malibu redesigned other hulls. It adds interest, and I suspect strength to the hull.

The main thing I don't like about the MXZ is the price, and the disappointing surf wave. Those together = deal breaker for me.

The other thing I like about the MXZ are the 3-dimensional lines on the side of the hull. The VLX has a little bit of that too, but not as much. The LSV is just flat. I think we'll see more of that as Malibu redesigned other hulls. It adds interest, and I suspect strength to the hull.

The main thing I don't like about the MXZ is the price, and the disappointing surf wave. Those together = deal breaker for me.

Agreed. The 3D lines on the hull of the MXZ boats and how they incorporate with the color options is what works so great to my eye.

To me, the LSV is just vanilla and boring. At least the VLX has some style with it's lines.

IF the MXZ surfed better it'd be a no brainer for me, I'd even give up space in the back of the boat and pay the premium price.

But...I guess "vanilla and boring" is their best surf boat! :)