Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how many hours a year

wheelman

almost 300 last year.. boat is stored at a dry dock, with 1 hour notice they gas it up and put it in the water. Shasta, Banks Lake, and Cascade Lake in Idaho trips...

The new one currently has 0 hours

jO8L3D2N5t248.jpg

• Like 1

I'm at about 50-60 hours per year. Half of that skiing, the other half, lounging on the lake with the wife and the two pups! I'm hoping to get closer to 100 this year...

522038_10151082928851321_1609897984_n_zp

Last season and current season (still a month or 2 to go) we will have around 120 hours on our new boat plus about 15-20 on the old.

Have owned the boat for three years now. First year 60hrs cruising and skiing. Second year 15hrs straight skiing hours. Mostly bad weather and timing. Third year 25hrs straight skiing, wake boarding and no cruising.

My boats get as much as 100 hrs a year but I have been getting around 60 hours a year the last years. We also have three boats pulling so time is spent on all three. We also live on the lake so we use the R LXI as a tug and don't joy ride it much. We get the pontoon boat out if we want to cruse. We can get all the friends and dogs and cruse. We just ordered a new toon and a new lift for the up coming years. My Bu does not get 10 hours of cursing a year.

Wow, I would say most people here use their boat a lot. Our ski team skis 5 days a week, June-August. The Malibu had 130 hours. The twin had 72, triple-80 and single 90. $4500 for gas.

If you get more than 50 engine hours a season, I would say you are on the water quite a bit.

Wow, I would say most people here use their boat a lot. Our ski team skis 5 days a week, June-August. The Malibu had 130 hours. The twin had 72, triple-80 and single 90. $4500 for gas.

If you get more than 50 engine hours a season, I would say you are on the water quite a bit.

If I go to the lake at 6AM and ride till noon that is 6 hours that is less than 10 trips a year I try to ride at least 2 days a week if I can its at least 4 days a week. Many days we get on the lake at 6AM stop at lunch pull the boat out go top her off and eat go right back to the lake till the wife calls me home for supper. At least a good 10 hour day. :rockon: Like my daddy always said if your going to do it do it right or don't do it at all. Not trying to call you out just don't think 50 hours is much at all I get like 150 hours and I am only home half the summer. :cheers:

If I go to the lake at 6AM and ride till noon that is 6 hours that is less than 10 trips a year I try to ride at least 2 days a week if I can its at least 4 days a week. Many days we get on the lake at 6AM stop at lunch pull the boat out go top her off and eat go right back to the lake till the wife calls me home for supper. At least a good 10 hour day. :rockon: Like my daddy always said if your going to do it do it right or don't do it at all. Not trying to call you out just don't think 50 hours is much at all I get like 150 hours and I am only home half the summer. :cheers:

50 hours can be 30 times on the water for us. With a season that's really only 4 months long that's getting out every couple of days.

A typical outing:

- Drive 5 minutes to the ramp

- Launch boat and idle over to slew and turn off engine

- I ride for 10 minutes

- Drive up river for 2-3 minutes, turn off engine and float down for 20 minutes

- Go home

If we do a week long Shasta trip our hours will jump from 50-60 a season to 80-90 for the season.

That's cool. It looks like Malibu owners use their boat more than the average person. All depends when you can you enjoy the sport. All day at a lake can only be a few engine hours, unless you never turn it off and ski/wakeboard hard.

Still have 3 feet of snow to melt before the hours can start.