Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how many hours a year

wheelman

So how many hours a year do you guys put on your boats? I never understand these used 80k plus new boats for sale with so little hours . Why spend so much money to only use 20 hours a season. If I don't put on at least 150 hours a season I am mad and feel like I'm not getting the use of my money. I shouldn't complain cause I sure like buying someone's 2 year old boat which is just barely broken in for me :biggrin:.

well....... back in my younger, single, and childless days, I averaged 150+ hours a season. Of course I lived 2 mins from the water at the the time. Now i'm lucky to get in 50 hours a season with work and life. Although I don't get out like I use to, I make darn well sure it is quality time on the water, both for riding and spending time with my family

75 hours. I work 2 weeks a month elsewhere, plus family and Wife take up my time, although I try to plan those on rainy days... I envy those who live in warm weather year round. Our season here in Canada is May-Oct, and May and October are 6mm wetsuit days!

100.1 first season (I let it idle for a few minutes at the ramp the last time out just so I could take a picture of it turning over 100). 75 second season (but I started going out on other boats that i met). Hopefully hit at least 75 this season.

• Like 1

So how many hours a year do you guys put on your boats? I never understand these used 80k plus new boats for sale with so little hours . Why spend so much money to only use 20 hours a season. If I don't put on at least 150 hours a season I am mad and feel like I'm not getting the use of my money. I shouldn't complain cause I sure like buying someone's 2 year old boat which is just barely broken in for me :biggrin:.

Hours don't always represent how much a boat is used. I usually put about 50-60hrs a year on my engine but we live on a lake and get out on the boat 4-5 days a week from April to October. We have little children so when we go out on the boat I pull my wife skiing, she pulls me, then we spend several hours drifting, swimming, and playing. Our boat gets used a lot but the engine does not rack up the hours. I'm sure that will change in a few years when the kids starting skiing and boarding :thumbup:

• Like 1

We average 50 hours per season. Although last year we were on the lake once. Very low lake levels and surgery to remove a tumor slowed me down a little. This year I'm shooting to make up for last year.

About 100-150 hours 90% wakeboarding and surfing (Monday-Friday). The other 10% is when I have the Family out on the lake (weekends). Try to ride 3 to 5 days a week. The sad thing is I sill suck. LOL

Think you would like this topic.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40520-how-many-hours-on-your-malibu/

Edited by Bradley Thornton

I feel like the last few years I have spent more time working on (upgrades, mods, ect.) and maintaining the boat than behind it. The first couple of years were 70 hours or so , but the last two with wives, new kids, life ,they have been only about 25 or so. Deeeepressing! But on the flip ,side since I bought the 07' , I now have several friends with boats and we often just ride one at time, so we split our ride time between four or five boats= lower hours on all of them. Honestly with the kids we spend a lot more time enjoying the sun, swimming and listening to tunes tied up somewhere.

Just about a 100 a year on our boat mostly boarding and some surfing - we try and get the "stuff" around the house streamlined so when the sun does come out we can get out on the lake. We live about 10 minutes from the lake and I have to say we've got our system dialed in from hooking up the boat to putting it alway after a couple hours on the lake. I hate to admit this but like some of the others have mentioned "life" gets in the way - as my kids get older they have other hobbies/activities that will undoubtedly limit our average annual hours... We'll see- I'll shout out now to any member who needs a pull - let me know - its getting tough to muster my crew

Unfortunately my boat spent more time in the shop last year then in my possession. Normal season is approximately 110 hours on the motor not including float time. Last year a measly 30 hours

I have two boats, a lake and an ocean boat. A little less than 50 hrs a year on each. Now that we have a lake house, lake boat (Bu) numbers should go up and since the last hurricane, ocean boat (Winner) numbers will go down due to the 1000s of missing boats and oceanfront homes that are somewhere out there.

Yes, we ski in the ocean and think lake water tastes funny.

edit; lake boat is 100% skiing and ocean boat is 50/50 skiing and riding.

Edited by electricjohn

We are two owners of the boat and 5 average riders. We ride 3 times a week and cruise 20 minutes to reach the spot. Average hours a year 500/600. Actually we have a 2012 MXZ delivered on november 15 year 2012 with 250 Hours.

Luciano

50-75. We ski on Saturday and Sunday morning and usually use the pontoon boat in the afternoon. We started surfing at the end of last season so we may put more time on the boat if we surf more. Surfing is less strenuous and can be done in less than perfect water, which is appealing for our situation.