Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull CutDiamond

EnricoCohen

Dear,

Who can tell me the real difference between Diamond and CutDiamond hull.

What's the difference in wake?

Regards

Enrico "Chico" Cohen

The Cut Diamond hull was on the Response LXi and Sunscape 20 LSV starting in 2007 to present. When the RLXi change to the TXi in 2012, it also has the Cut Diamond hull.

• Like 1

...and the Response FXi and available on the VTX. From what I've read and experienced, the Cut Diamond hull somewhat bettered the shortline wake at the expense of the longline wake at slalom speeds. Also, I thought the hull had been slightly modified yet again on the TXi to help out the longline wake characteristics.

...and the Response FXi and available on the VTX. From what I've read and experienced, the Cut Diamond hull somewhat bettered the shortline wake at the expense of the longline wake at slalom speeds. Also, I thought the hull had been slightly modified yet again on the TXi to help out the longline wake characteristics.

Yes the hull was modified again for 2012; hence the TXi came into existence, “T for Tournament”. Malibu wetted the hull somewhat to flatten out the wake even more. Malibu calls the TXi hull “ T Cut Diamond Hull ” .

Here is a quote / Link from Waterski magazine.

http://waterskimag.com/features/2012/02/27/inside-malibus-new-2012-response-txi/