Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raising Trailer

Searched, couldnt find anything so...

Has anyone raised the trailer from the axles? The 2 small guide wheels on the back of our trailer are very close to the ground and whenever there's a dip or gutter it grinds quite bad. For the most part I didn't care too much but our new storage driveway is expensive bluestone we don't want to crack so I'm thinking I need to get the trailer frame about 2 inches higher.

Any suggestions? I've sent an email of to the trailer manufacturer just waiting also.

I did this very same thing on my last trailer when I upgraded to 15" rims and tires. There are shackles available in different heights. If your trailer is a single axle the net lift will equal ~1/2 the increase in shackle height. Of course taller rims and tires will help too but will cost more. You can also use spacers between the leaf spring and axle.....that is if the spring sits on top of the axle and not bolted underneath.