Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Advice on Surf rack and Brand new G3 Combo Rack For Sale

daylorb

Just picked up my boat - but one of my coveted fish surfboards will not fit into the G3 combo rack. I'm going to put a different one on there and sell the one that came with the boat.

It is the G3 Combo - not sure what it is worth, new they are selling for $900 as far as I can tell: https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2061

What's a fair price? I figured 10-20% off that retail price, so $750 range? Let me know/PM me if anyone interested.

Any advice on a swivel surf/surf rack with wider forks?

Samson sports has forks that you can just bolt on to the G3 racks that will accept a multitude of different boards and combinations of boards. I was just talking with Scott from Samson about this a few weeks ago.

He says they have wider surf/surf racks, wake knee/ surf, surf / wake/ surf ect. Give him a ring and see what he says price wise what will work best for you. I imagine it will be much cheaper to replace the just the forks vs. a whole swivel rack.

• Like 1

Samson sports has forks that you can just bolt on to the G3 racks that will accept a multitude of different boards and combinations of boards. I was just talking with Scott from Samson about this a few weeks ago.

He says they have wider surf/surf racks, wake knee/ surf, surf / wake/ surf ect. Give him a ring and see what he says price wise what will work best for you. I imagine it will be much cheaper to replace the just the forks vs. a whole swivel rack.

Thanks - I talked to them once and they have full racks, but they didn't say anything about forks. Will check again.

Just picked up my boat - but one of my coveted fish surfboards will not fit into the G3 combo rack. I'm going to put a different one on there and sell the one that came with the boat.

It is the G3 Combo - not sure what it is worth, new they are selling for $900 as far as I can tell: https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2061

What's a fair price? I figured 10-20% off that retail price, so $750 range? Let me know/PM me if anyone interested.

Any advice on a swivel surf/surf rack with wider forks?

Ill take them off your hands for $300

Yep... what Bobby said. Keep the mounting plates, swivel mechanism, etc. Just change the forks.

Look at what this guy did... http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31505-g3-ski-knee-board-racks/page__hl__slalom#entry454801

Saw that - looks good. Looks like he did some welding, might come to that but was hoping there would be a solution that is a little more plug n play.

So Samson does have a G3 compatible rack - I was hoping they had forks I could swap onto my current swivel, but the racks they have are made for teh G3 tower, but they include the full swivel mechansim and mount and are roughly $700.

Haven't used the Samson's yet but having them put on the new boat... They seem to fit better on the bottom rack, so going to put them there then swapping factory swing rack for fixed rack with more clearance...

Any tips on what fits good with Samson surf racks?

Edited by pkh

I had to make a plate to fit where the standard forks bolted to the swivel portion of the G3 rack. I then welded the Monster Rack "arm" to the plates. If monster sold what I made you could swap out any of their attachments.

It's hard to believe Malibu won't let others (licensees) make after market forks for those racks. They would likely sell a lot more racks since you would still need the base in order to use the forks.