Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 VLX Has Arrived

GullLakeMarine

As promised here are some more photos of our new VLX. I had a unique Michigan winter weather opportunity yesterday to take some photos in the sun. Unfortunately I still can't seem to make the metallics "pop" on the camera. Enjoy.

DSC01413_zpsd58d4da3.jpg

DSC01416_zpsf239fc03.jpg

DSC01415_zps7616f9c4.jpg

DSC01402_zps674fbeba.jpg

DSC01411_zps55cac37f.jpg

DSC01387_zpsb420f6c7.jpg

DSC01387_zpsb420f6c7.jpg

DSC01390_zpsbecffb6c.jpg

DSC01395_zps3fd00634.jpg

Edited by GullLakeMarine

As promised here are some more photos of our new VLX. I had a unique Michigan winter weather opportunity yesterday to take some photos in the sun. Unfortunately I still can't seem to make the metallics "pop" on the camera. Enjoy.

DSC01413_zpsd58d4da3.jpg

DSC01416_zpsf239fc03.jpg

DSC01415_zps7616f9c4.jpg

DSC01402_zps674fbeba.jpg

DSC01411_zps55cac37f.jpg

DSC01387_zpsb420f6c7.jpg

DSC01387_zpsb420f6c7.jpg

DSC01390_zpsbecffb6c.jpg

DSC01395_zps3fd00634.jpg

asking price?

Love the two tone trailer, gee wounder why, Lol.... I like the side mount. Keeps the wheel cleaner, more protected, look neat and much easer to get at if, god forbid you need it!

Just one side note. Not so easy to get touch up paint for the flake, I've been dealing with Boatmate, and

they can only send me the metal flake, the rest of the paint components are HazMat issues, so they wount ship. Have to source locally, and that's not so easy, still trying to cross reference the paint and clearcoat codes they sent me.

Beutifull boat. :)

I got the paint code for my trailer from boatmate and could not buy the endura to match. Went to the local body shop used their optical color match and had the local auto body supply mix up a couple of rattle cans of automotive paint Edited by G-Mack

One of the nicest looking boats iv'e ever seen. Great Job on the color selections!!

QFT.

Also, thanks for posting photos of your new boats. I feel like i've been able to go look at lots of new boats, without ever leaving the house!

One question I have to ask of Boatmate is this: Why make the additional rear access step look so much like and afterthought? Why not just extend the whole rear step assembly instead of having the goofy missing section? Just one of those things that makes no sense to me on trailer that is that done up. I mean I know they charge extra for the rear little add-on access step on the rear corners, but man......just make it one longer, complete step. Great looking boat though.

Edited by Bobby Bright
One question I have to ask of Boatmate is this: Why make the additional rear access step look so much like and afterthought? Why not just extend the whole rear step assembly instead of having the goofy missing section? Just one of those things that makes no sense to me on trailer that is that done up. I mean I know they charge extra for the rear little add-on access step on the rear corners, but man......just make it one longer, complete step. Great looking boat though.

I was told that Malibu dictated that ugly step. The standard boatmate trailer has the step running all the way to the back of the trailer. Malibu charges a couple thousand extra for that ugly atep and the malibu cut outs in front of e fender. A forum member here just bought a new standard boatmate trailer and it can chime I with details. He saves thousands by not getting it made to malibu specs.

I like the way the step looks. To each their own. And the step is only like 500 hundred dollars and includes the led light upgrades, which itself is a few hundred bucks.

From a practical standpoint, if you back into something or ding the rear corner of your trailer, you just have to replace that step and not the entire side/fender.

I like the way the step looks. To each their own. And the step is only like 500 hundred dollars and includes the led light upgrades, which itself is a few hundred bucks.

what bamma was getting at is the whole trailer itself.. malibu chargers a couple grand just because of the shortend fender steps and to put "malibu" backlighting on it.. a dealer can order straight through boatmate and save $$$$$$$$$$,

Couldn't agree more. Those triangle steps look like an afterthought, and I'm not a fan of anything that adds unnecessary length to the trailer.

With that said, I can see the functional purpose, especially on a Surf Gate boat where getting in and out of a trailered boat can be challenging.