Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 VLX Has Arrived

GullLakeMarine

Shout out to Fman who was the inspiration on this color scheme. And for all you trailer haters out there, I'd like to hear your comments on this two-tone Boatmate w/ silver metallic fenders and 18" Gear wheels. More pictures to come!

photo2-1_zps51c7fc3b.jpg

photo1-1_zpsb6bfe963.jpg

Makes me want to trade mine in! Must resist

LOL, I said the same thing two months ago! hmmmm..... March 7th build date..... guess I was never good at saying NO! Come to the dark side, surfgate will be your friend! :rockon:

Makes me want to trade mine in! Must resist

LOL, I said the same thing two months ago! hmmmm..... March 7th build date..... guess I was never good at saying NO! Come to the dark side, surfgate will be your friend! :rockon:

Wife would kill me, since we just picked ours up in August.

That boat is pure sickness! I really love how the silver flake looks. I've been starting at ispec for so long with its muted colors that I forget how stuffing these boats look like in actual photos.

You got me thinking about silver flake!!

Great looking color combo. I am a big fan of mounting the tire under the boat, cleans things up a little.

Yeah and I actually prefer the mat that comes on the trailer instead of the Diamond plate. I have had the plate come off towing down the highway.. Boatmate does a nice undermount for the spare...

I had the undermount on the last one, side mount on new one. I prefer side mount because you don't have to drag that heavy wheel out from under the trailer. Putting it back in is no picnic either. It is cleaner looking though.

I have had both undermount and up on the side... the issue with undermount is the tray rattles and makes a lot of metal-on-metal noise.

Good point. Especially when the trailer is empty that wheel rattles big time1

I also prefer undermount, I had a 15" spare on my '11, never was an issue with rattling around or making any noise. Disadvantage is that it would require more effort to take it off if you had a flat to repair.

WS_VLX_11_zps887d6309.jpg

If the trailer just had stock wheels I would also go with an undermount. If you are paying the money for a flashy 18" wheel why not show it off with a side mount?

• Like 2

I also prefer undermount, I had a 15" spare on my '11, never was an issue with rattling around or making any noise. Disadvantage is that it would require more effort to take it off if you had a flat to repair.

WS_VLX_11_zps887d6309.jpg

Could you hit that with the bow on a steep ramp?

Love the two tone trailer, gee wounder why, Lol.... I like the side mount. Keeps the wheel cleaner, more protected, look neat and much easer to get at if, god forbid you need it!

Just one side note. Not so easy to get touch up paint for the flake, I've been dealing with Boatmate, and

they can only send me the metal flake, the rest of the paint components are HazMat issues, so they wount ship. Have to source locally, and that's not so easy, still trying to cross reference the paint and clearcoat codes they sent me.

Beutifull boat. :)

Good question, it was on for two years and never had a problem. I know MC mounts there spare in same place. My brother in law has an 07 x15 and his spare is in same spot.

Can someone who has this undermounted spare send me some info on it!? I am getting a 2011 VLX and I can't stand the look of the spare on the side... Is this undermounted spare mount a part I can get from boatmate? Pics would be appreciated. Thanks

Ryan