Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

got out yesterday

FlatH20

loaded up the gear and hit up Black lake yesterday in Olympia Wash. - 46 air temp 44 water temp - COLD pretty funny looks on a couple fishermen's faced when I pulled up on my start.

put in a short set with my kid and we were frozen, glad we spent the money on the heater and shower as well as the drysuits. first year we haven't winterized and I have to say the Malibu performed flawlessly - would have been a bit better had it not rained on the way to the lake getting the carpet wet for the rest of the crew. regardless - stretched out my arms and realized that despite my off-season workouts - I was pretty wiped out...

wondering what the crew may advise regarding gloves - any recommendations? I used my slalom gloves and filled them with hot water but that didn't last so long.

Everyone's hands were too cold to take too many pics

http://s871.beta.photobucket.com/user/FlatH20/library/February%2016%202013

Edited by FlatH20

Nice. I'm jealous. I took the dogs down to the lake on Sunday, beautiful day, almost got to 50. But the lake is still solid. The ice has pulled away from our beach about 10', so there is a small strip of water at the shore, but the rest of it is solid as a rock.

IMG_20130216_131414_zps2c3b8ecc.jpg

We got out yesterday also. Air temp was 73 and water temp was 54. but man the water was perfect and there was nobody there. We went to Barrtlet lake it was a great day. The only problem was the water had a bunch of debris in it from all the rain run off but still had a good day. Sorry this was really the only pic i took of the water It was glass. Also nothing better than having all the fishermen looking at you like what the hell are they doing out there.

IMG_20130216_164035_zps1208c2a6.jpg

70 here yest but 25 mph west wind....and my ballast system is in shambles and the boat is still winterized. Water levels are really low here in NE OK too.