Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New bimini is done!

Bill_AirJunky

Finally got off my butt & got the new Titan II above the tower bimini done! I think it turned out great.

This is a custom job. I found a local shop & they followed my own specs & drawings, which was based on biminis I've seen done on other towers. Height in the rear is about 6'2", tall enough I can walk under it. Front is a few inches lower, really just to give it that raked look.

20130217_104318_zps98cc97a0.jpg

20130217_105304_zps8a842465.jpg

20130217_105603_zps21cd6a25.jpg

Also had her do a few other things, a couple of small repairs on the Rankin cover & stock bimini (which is now for sale), plus a mirror cover for the new PTM Edge mirror & some new trailer guide pad covers.

20130217_105234_zps93ecb07b.jpg

20130217_104946_zps5964b9ba.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good. Besides the angle of the winter sun, how come no shade for driver/passengers in the 3rd pic except for person sitting over tranny :) Waste of money if your bimini isn't going to work... J/K... :) You also need a cover for that non-matching spare :)

Edited by skurfer

Thanks guys. Oh yea, I bought all the hardware from Brett at Star One back when they were going thru the buy out/merger with Malibu. I wasn't sure what was going to come about from that move so I grabbed it while I could. In hind sight I could have waited & probably done fine.

So I'm ready to sell the OEM bimini. It comes with the boot w/ Malibu logo, all the straps & the clamps for the Titan tower. I'd post it up here but I gotta think that shipping it would be a problem. So I'm going to put it up on Craigslist & see if I can move it locally.

Lookin to get $300 for it. Or it goes up on CL for $400 obo.

Looks good, but I can honestly say I miss the Bimini that went with that tower. The biminis are nice as you can walk under them, but they are too high to provide good shade. May not have been able to walk under the old style, but definitely better for shade and not moving the boat around to try to keep shade in the boat

Finally got off my butt & got the new Titan II above the tower bimini done! I think it turned out great.

This is a custom job. I found a local shop & they followed my own specs & drawings, which was based on biminis I've seen done on other towers. Height in the rear is about 6'2", tall enough I can walk under it. Front is a few inches lower, really just to give it that raked look.

20130217_104318_zps98cc97a0.jpg

20130217_105304_zps8a842465.jpg

20130217_105603_zps21cd6a25.jpg

Also had her do a few other things, a couple of small repairs on the Rankin cover & stock bimini (which is now for sale), plus a mirror cover for the new PTM Edge mirror & some new trailer guide pad covers.

20130217_105234_zps93ecb07b.jpg

20130217_104946_zps5964b9ba.jpg

why did you put a wekesetter logo on your ride?

its not a wakesetter :dontknow:

Interesting, I bought a bride (ok this is funny) vride and have now put more features on it than most wakesetters have.........a ride is really a stripped down older hull wakesetter.........just wondered why......i love my ride.........

Edited by board brained

Yea, this boat was custom ordered with the Wakesetter package, ballast, trim, Isotta knob, ss rub rail, & the decals. It used to have the tribal decals too but I peeled them off a while back.

Yea, this boat was custom ordered with the Wakesetter package, ballast, trim, Isotta knob, ss rub rail, & the decals. It used to have the tribal decals too but I peeled them off a while back.

either way it is nice looking boat......

THanks guys,

Nate, the bimini doesn't fold up & stow nicely like others do. When we were designing it, I had to make some concessions & that was one of them. The cover itself is on the frame with zippers & velcro, so I can remove it first. Then the frame removes in 2 sections (front & rear) with 8 pins. So it's not very tough to pull it down but I don't have a boot like the OEM bimini.

I decided I would be OK with it like this. We use the boat on our own home lake like 80% of the time. We'll take the boat to Banks, Coeur d'Alene or Shasta about 5 or 6 times a year. So it won't be that often that I'm breaking it down anyway. And I'll just store it on the seats, under the cover till we get to where we're heading.

BTW, check out that new PTM Edge mirror. Man, the view out back with that thing is awesome!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 2 months later...

Gettin back in the boat after discarding some beer I rented on Sunday, and saw a shot I liked. The new top is bitchin. The additional height makes the boat feel bigger all around. The speakers sound great. And the view in the mirror is awesome!

20130505_144734_zps8c973893.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky