Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pro80's Converted to a Titan 3 tower

Ndawg12

I may have found a pair of Pro80's who is upgrading to Rev10's but if I have to spend another $200+ on clamps for my tower then that will be an absolute deal breaker. I maybe could cannibalize my old enclosures for the clamps (the only part that still in good shape) and adapt them to these, always short on money but not time and resources if it's remotely possible.

Does anyone have any good pics of these without tower mounts or whatever on them? I'd love to see the how the mount is secured to the speaker and get an idea of the bolt pattern, etc.

Edit - I was also just made aware that a buddy of mine has mounts left over from Exile's he recently bought...

TIA, again!!

Nate

Edited by Ndawg12
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this turned out "ghetto" or not but it worked perfectly. The holes in the mount and the can were both 2.5" oc. The temporary electrical tape on the tower is certainly ghetto...

IMG_0250_zpsf2d4aefa.jpg

IMG_0248_zpsdebb92d6.jpg

IMG_0249_zpsf5d88a00.jpg

IMG_0251_zps6d19d369.jpg

• Like 2

Nicely done, Nate. The Exile clamps look like their made for the Wetsounds speakers.

I just picked up a pair of the Exile SXT65Qs for my tower remodel..... got a great deal thanks to the guys at Earmark. Figured since I already had the amp & wiring in place, I wasn't going to give up all of the tower sound. I guess the SXT65Qs are made for shorter distances, like for surfing or just hangin out swimming. This should be perfect for us. And in the process I've ended up with some spare clamps. If anyone else is looking for clamps for Exile or Wetsounds speakers, I may be able to help.