Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No warming tray with larger motors on 2013 LSV?

pkh

Got my first looks at our new 2013 LSV boat today. Given that I custom ordered the whole thing I was super excited that my color choices turned out great!

One big bummer though is discovering upgrading the motor to a L96 meant giving up the warming tray? I assume the motor sticks up too far for it? Is there a workaround for this?

We really love the warming tray for keeping wetsuits and vests toasty. Also considering with Surf Gate we are going to be running ballast in both rear compartments we are going to be running shorter on storage than last year I think.

I wonder how much depth is lost and if it would be worth getting one and cutting it down and add some L brackets to the top to hold it in place. But if it is down to 2" of space, probably not worth it.

what do you guys use the warming tray for? I have it, but never use it.

+1. I find the warming tray completely useless. It's too shallow to fit more than 1 towel in, and water gets in there when a wet person gets back in the boat. So then your warm towel gets wet before you even get to use it.

I've always used it to store ropes and my vest after it's wet. It gets pretty wet with wet people going from the swim platform into the boat over the top of it.

Might be a good place to warm a towel for the first rider only. :)

what do you guys use the warming tray for? I have it, but never use it.

Warming trays are awesome! Great idea Malibu had with it! I actually had one made outa aluminum diamond plate for my SAN. It's about 3" deep and I store all my ropes and stuff in it. Also keep my box anchor there. In cold weather that's where my heater top goes before and after rides!

I use mine all the time for a couple vests or heater tops. It's very useful for getting the heater top warm on those cool early spring or late fall days. It also keeps the rear storage lockers drier as the wet vest usually goes on the tray which drains directly to the bilge in the corners.

My Monsoon has the ETX cats and the warming tray fits just fine. I can see why the LSA couldn't fit it due to the added height of the supercharger, but I haven't heard about the L96 or LS3 not having it. Can somebody confirm this?

Edited by Brett B

We put wet stuff in there, wetsuits, vests, extra ropes... my theory is better wet stuff goes in there then in the side storage where there is carpet and ballast bags and its generally impossible to get dry unless you leave it open overnight.

Personally, i was thinking about not using mine this year. I think it holds heat in the engine compartment and I don't like how wet things drip on the engine. Also, when I start the boat up I like to let it run a minute or so while I do a visual check of the engine. I hate having to move the tray out of the way every time. I use the tray under the middle seat for wet ropes and gloves - just seems easier than lifting the rear lids.

quote name="Malibudude" post="580663" timestamp="1360800840"]The following models have the warming tray:

Wakesetter 20 MXZ, 21 VLX and 23 LSV do not get the warming tray with any engine over 350HP. Every other model gets it with all engine options.[quote name="Malibudude" post="580706" tim Malabu dude, LSV's can also have the warming tray with the upgraded engines. My LSA equipped 12 LSV 23 had it. What's the difference with The 13 LSV's?