Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thoughts on this VLX surfgate wake?

Fman

I've never ridden shredstixx.

The broadcast is S.L.O.W. and there are many faster boards than that.

I'd probably go with the Inland surfer squirt as a "boat board," because it's pretty fast, adjustable with the addition or removal of fins, and it's compression molded so more durable (does fine in the racks).

Next step up would be a phase 5 prop or victoria factor if you want to stay "skim" style. I think the prop would slower.

The old XXX slasher glass boards are very fast too (I'm assuming other XXX models are too, but have never ridden any). being glass they are fragile and ding easily. Inland surfer blue lake is pretty fast and stable but only newbs like to ride it on our boat because it handles like a barn door.

I see what you are viewing... I recieved an email from Kenji who made that video and how I described the weight was how it was listed in the email. Its pretty clear there are no bags in the boat from the pics, must be just the plug and play, wedge and hard tanks filled.

I can only imagine a 750 on the floor would only improve the wake. I can say, my 2011 without surfgate would never be able to produce that kind of wake regardless of how I ever weighted it. The wakes I am seeing on the VLX (and other models) with surfgate imo are very good, definitely for our level of surfing will be more than adequate.

Travis,

I think you might have missed what I was saying, and why I posted those pics. Don't you see the HUGE bag layed across the back seat?

• Like 2

Dave, I see the bag but I can't tell if its full, partially full or completely empty. Its definitely appears to not be on the floor.

I looked at his email again, which would make sense if the bag on the seat was a 750. Its def looking like min 750s in both lockers plus quad ballast and wedge. I am looking forward to playing with different weight configurations in April.