Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I need help deciding which boat?

Ottomatic

My apologies for not saying IMO rather than for sure. Have i driven the 23 with SG no but Ive ridden in one and of course you know the answer to the NSS so why ask? Ive surfed behind one without the NSS. If i was in the sameboat and got a smoking deal on a boat that was appealing to me Id go for it.

In the 23 that you rode in, when was that and how was it loaded? Did anyone ride?

Yes people rode and it was really clean wave. Im not knocking SG at all. It was nice. have no idea how it was weighted bc I was on it for maybe 25min before I had to leave.

When you rode the g23 how was the surf wake??

I shouldnt qualify my statement bc I have nothing close to compare it to. Was the only boat ive surfed behind besides an old 210 & a MC. no one surfs on my lake so its hard to ever get around to do it.

I shouldnt qualify my statement bc I have nothing close to compare it to. Was the only boat ive surfed behind besides an old 210 & a MC. no one surfs on my lake so its hard to ever get around to do it.

Huelsmma let me get this straight, you have surfed a grand total of 3 different boats (never a malibu) and only one of the OP's options, the G. You spent 25 minutes riding in a 23 and have no idea how it was weighted and have apparently never been in or behind an enzo 244. Yet you tell the OP, who has now said surfing is the top priority for his roughly $85,000+ purchase, that he should "for sure" get the G? Wow.

• Like 1

I think I have narrowed it down to the G and lsv the resale value issue worries me on the centurion. Has anyone surfed the G is it much better than the Malibu?? There are not too many videos with the G surfing so I have to get opinions on this??

Huelsmma let me get this straight, you have surfed a grand total of 3 different boats (never a malibu) and only one of the OP's options, the G. You spent 25 minutes riding in a 23 and have no idea how it was weighted and have apparently never been in or behind an enzo 244. Yet you tell the OP, who has now said surfing is the top priority for his roughly $85,000+ purchase, that he should "for sure" get the G? Wow.

I clarified my statement...read above and I guess I didnt see the surfing priority. I look at this site on my phone. My apologies man!! Ive ridden in other boats surfing but never surfed them due to injuries and couldnt get wet.

I guess I'll go back to wakeboarding & slalom conversations and topics i know better.

Edited by Huelsmma

I think I have narrowed it down to the G and lsv the resale value issue worries me on the centurion. Has anyone surfed the G is it much better than the Malibu?? There are not too many videos with the G surfing so I have to get opinions on this??

Maybe I missed it, but where are you located?

Maybe I missed it, but where are you located?

I recall that Otto is in Salt Lake City.

I can't help but think that the Malibu dealer is giving him the shaft, or the Nautique dealer is giving a smoking deal. Proabably some combination of the above. If I were the malibu dealer, I would be freaking out that a previous customer is getting this close to leaving me. Otto, I think you need to put leverage on Taylor's and let them know what you are dealing with here.

I was under the impression that the G23 surf wave is generally regarded as unproven. You should get the Nautique boys to bring a boat down to St. George and I will help you put it through its paces down here. I have a drysuit for you. Supposed to be 60's on Saturday here. :):rofl:

Centurion resale is going to be an interesting phonemenon. Having watched Tige carefully (used to own two of them), it seems that when a boat brand jacks up their quality and price, the used boats follow the new boats in price, rather than vice versa. It kills me to see 2007 Tiges selling for what they were bought for new, despite the fact that the quality is leaps and bounds higher in the new boats. But because the new boats are nearly double in price, the used boat values have climbed. Centurion has very clearly leaped into the same ballpark with new boats that rival prices of Tige, Supra, and the big 3.

The LA boat Show had a 24MXZ priced at 115, not sure what others are paying. They also had 2012 247 for 85k I believe. The G23 was significantly more than the 24mxz. If the G doesn't have NSS, and you're not worried about it. that's a smokin deal for a 247. Might be worth a drive. If I had the storage for something like that I'd be all over it.

Edited by wakebrdr94

In my area a nicely equipped 23LSV is around $85-$90k with surfgate and the L96 engine.

The loaded up 24 MXZ with the Corvette LS3 engine was $100k with surfgate at the boat show.

The G23 with the L96 engine, and without NSS, was $118k at the boat show.

If there is only a $15k difference between the 23 LSV and the G23 then your Malibu dealer is really working you over, there should be more like a $30k difference. As Tallredrider suggested, I would tell your dealer that unless they work on their pricing they will lose you as a customer.

As for which boat is "better" for your needs, you would have to demo both and see which you like best. Maybe do a factory tour of both and see if you can get a demo there since it's warmer down south where the factories are.

Edited by Brett B

Ok guys tallrider you are spot on, just left both dealers the Malibu is now SIGNIFICANTLY less than the G I now believe both dealers are giving me a screaming deal. The price difference is now about 26k both boats have literally everyoptions!! I honestly like the look of the Malibu better but the G is a amazing boat too. I Love my Malibu dealer here in Utah they have always treated me right!! If it weren't for them I would be in a G. Still have not pulled the trigger but I am leaning too the Malibu!

In my 11 I would put 800 in the rear corner and 500 under the seat and the wave was decent, how much better will the surfgate wave be with surfgate and plug and play not additional ballast??

I should not that our main lake is very shall

Sorry I am texting this on my phone.... Haha I meant to say our lake is very shallow only about 10 feet deep. Not sure if it makes a difference or not for the surf wake!!

26k difference sounds more like it... you still haven't answered questions about NSS... is the dealer going to put that on the G for you? If not I'd say go Bu for sure. With NSS its a harder choice, though personally I'd still opt for Malibu.

"Every option".... don't let Nitrousbird hear you say that :rofl:http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41589-fully-loaded-malibu/

I have had opportunities to go to Nautique as well, but my Malibu dealer and I have such a good relationship. Point is, if you and your dealer have a great relationship and you like the product, why change what isn't broken?

• Like 2