Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 VTX without surfgate.

wakesetter8796

If I ordered a new boat I would not get Surf Gate, we don't surf. I also ordered my 2009 VLX without front ballast, haven't missed it yet, all we do is hydrofoil. My point is that not everyone is into surfing, we tried it and it was fun the first time.

Terry

Gregg, you bought a 2012 VTX, so you didn't really have a choice.

Correct, but I could have bought a '13 had I thought it was a big enough deal. Looking at the two side by side didn't make sense to pay the extra.

Sure, come on down and Ill show you were it lives. Thing is worthless now. Give me a heads up so I can call my ins. agent before you get there.

I don't know if I could do it if your boat has a diamond hull.

I think some of you guys are missing what this thread is trying to point out. It's not whether Surf Gate is worth the upgrade from an older boat. Some of you are treating it that way. For example, Gregg a '13 VTX would have cost you at least $15 - $20K more than your 2012 leftover, right? (btw... just guessing here). So of course you made a great choice. Surf Gate was probably not worth $15-$20K for you. And maybe it's not worth $40K extra to a guy contemplating an upgrade from an '07.

This thread is about a dealer who ordered a 2013 boat for inventory and decided not to put Surf Gate on it (or simply forgot). In this case, the savings to the dealer and future buyer are aprox. $2,500. That's it! Whether there is a market for this boat is really not the point. A 2013 Wakesetter w/out Surf Gate makes it an odd duck... sort of like a pink boat. The market of potential buyers is now going to be severely diminished. And whoever does buy it, whether they surf or not, will have a harder time during future resale.

I heard recently (probably on this forum) that only one 2013 Wakesetter had been build w/out Surf Gate. Maybe this was the one. Or maybe there are two now. Either way, it's a curious thing to leave off the boat that the dealer hopes to sell to the general public. If money was the concern (and it usually is), I would have left off the flake or the tower speakers.

• Like 3