Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing Power Wedge Actuator

Brian Young

Here is the page from the owners manual, tells you about the top and bottom numbers. iirc, I did not get my bottom numbef to zero but it was close and my top number was in the range it needed to be.

Screenshot_20160814-091002.jpg

• 6 months later...

Old thread bump:

Unfortunately one of the actuators on my 06 VLX has called it quits.

I'm sitting here staring at my Amazon cart about to hit the order button on two Lenco 15060 actuators, but I feel like getting one more verification that this is the correct unit will ease my mind.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I replaced the actuators, Thanks for the instructions! But can’t see how to reach where the wires come into the boat?

I’m sure there is a basic contortion I’m missing? :)

image.thumb.jpeg.2e43f4c17f0e021774b9aedfd3ad1148.jpeg

On 7/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, Argonaut said:

Hi,

I replaced the actuators, Thanks for the instructions! But can’t see how to reach where the wires come into the boat?

I’m sure there is a basic contortion I’m missing? :)

image.thumb.jpeg.2e43f4c17f0e021774b9aedfd3ad1148.jpeg

If you take the two screws out that hold the plastic aft side panel in place and remove it, you may have some more room.

Side note, you may want to look into getting the Cat Exhaust Re-Plumb kit for your Monsoon 340 to keep the exhaust cooler.

I can’t reach the wires by leaning over the stern. If I remove the small side panel and sort of controlled fall from the back seat into the stern with my head down on the carpet at the stern, perhaps I can reach an arm across underneath the exhaust? Seems very contorted :(

Is that what all of you are doing? :)

10 hours ago, csleaver said:

I remove the engine side panels and crawl completely into the side compartment with my legs all curled up towards the bow.

This is the only way to reach the thru fittings for the cables. I would choose drivers side since that is where the you will have to make your splices.