Sign in to follow this  
Cap305

Mid-Atlantic Boat Show

Cap305

Took my son to the Mid-Atlantic Boat Show (Charlotte, NC) on Friday night and both of us had a great time. He basically tried to spend my paycheck for the next 15 years on toys. "That silver and blue Malibu is my favorite. Can we get it?" and "Dad, wouldn't it be cool to have a 41' Sea Ray???!!!" Malibu and Nautique had a really good showing and if I were richer I'd have let either sales dude talk me into a trade-in but fear of my wife's wrath brought me back to sanity. Couple of observations though. 1- The all-black Axis (22 foot I believe) had some serious gel coat imperfections that were only made worse by the lighting. I saw 8 or 10 obvious large, vertical ripples in the finish. I was kinda shocked. 2- Cobalt, while very luxurious, is out of their dayum minds if they think any sane person would/should pay $220,000 for a 25' bow rider. Oye Veh! All in all though it was a great time and I can't wait for the weather to get nicer. Maybe a month and a half max.

thtrog

I about dropped when I overhead them talking to someone about 30 year terms on a G. :crazy:

jcon44

that 24 MXZ was the best looking boat at the Show IMO. my wife even commented on how much she liked it and she was in full "we don't need a new boat" mode and shot down every other comment i made.