Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Seat

C28

Just left the boat show and sat in a Supra which had the power seat lift. WOW what a cool deal. it raises the whole seat 4-6". I think it would be a perfect mod on my 07 LSV for surfing. I tried to get who the manufacturer was but drew a big blank. Has anyone looked into this and how to get a hold of the mechanizim I have an open toggle switch on the dash that would work perfect. I was thinking this way I have the original seat height for cold mornings and the option of on the fly raising the seat for better viability in traffic or when surfing.

this is one of the best ideas I ave heard in a while, makes total sense......i had a 2" lift built for my seat as my wife is 5 foot nothing and have a bolster which we all use when surfing but because I am 6 feet i would love to go back to the original height if I could

the ability to raise or lower 4 to 6" is huge............

• Like 1

I'm right in the middle of raising my seat now, Let me guess, for Malibu..It's the next big thing!!! They should have done this way before surf gate, malview and Power wedge!!!

• Like 2

I tried to order the power mech last year for my 11 vlx. It was $2k from Supra directly. I can't remember the manufacturer who makes it but I also contacted them. Last year the rep said Malibu was suppised to have this on 2013 models, apparently it never made it. When I ordered my 13 they said it was not avail yet... i am sure its coming soon.

Fman, If it was $ 2,000 from the manufacturer I might fall back on plan B which is to adapt a electric seat base out of a truck or motorhome I found one at a salvage yard for $ 150 but they could not test it to see what the height range was. Thats why I was so hopeful when I sat in the Supra and it still had the forward and swivel options for the seat.

Reminds me of a thread we had oh say about 2 years ago where we all listed our biggest wish list for options and this was a common one a lot of people griped about. What bothers me is how LONG this has been talked about and it still isn't main stream. There should be no reason we have electric actuators that can operate a wedge and be strong enough to withstand all the liquid force (pun intended) against the wedge but can't create a seat to support worst case scenario a 300-ish lb dude bouncing across some chop? Doesn't seem right to me.

4-6 inches of rise should be the MINIMUM travel allowed if they're going to spend time implementing the feature, otherwise it would be a total waste. I think a great option to pair with this is a telescoping and tilting steering wheel (with far more adjustability than now). I did a 4" seatbase raise on my captains chair and the top of my quads are almost touching the bottom of the steering wheel because it can't adjust enough to handle my mod (which makes sense because I'm modding something that wasn't meant to be modded - just saying if they plan on implementing this feature I already know they need to do better on the steering wheel with it).

What gets me is how expensive these options always seem to be. The sticker price of these boats are so high. I know people say that all the time, but when the price of these boats start to approach a medium sized house (malibu is typically a bit lower but nautiques and MC's are falling in the 140k category) I ask myself why they don't have the more "simple" features that seem like no brainers - cuz we've all been talking about it forever.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

my previous boat (96' crownline) had an adjustable high seat. it was manual but worked all the same. I would be more than happy having a manual adjustment on my bu, which cost me about 8x as much...

• Like 1