Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop problems

I had a slight ding in my 13/13 acme prop,took to dealer exchanged for a second hand machined 13/12 acme prop.Now I am 3-4kmph slower at the same revs on my cruise control.Should this be the case with a different sized prop?I have asked for my original prop back.Any thoughts.

I had a slight ding in my 13/13 acme prop,took to dealer exchanged for a second hand machined 13/12 acme prop.Now I am 3-4kmph slower at the same revs on my cruise control.Should this be the case with a different sized prop?I have asked for my original prop back.Any thoughts.

That is what happens when you drop down in pitch. You gain pulling power at the lower end and loose some on the top end. I am running a 13x12 and have holeshot from h@ll. I had to learn how to drive all over again but I would never go back to the 13 x 13.

I dropped the pitch on my prop as well and will not go back. I pull skiers and boarders.

If you pull barefooters you may want that top end speed of your old prop. Otherwise once you get the feel for your new prop you will not want to go back.

I am at the opposite end. I had the 13x12.5 and had a hard time easing in the throttle, and not tearing off skier's arms (winers). I tore it up and replaced it with a 13 x 13. Hopefully the ungodly holeshot will be tamed some as I haven't had a chance to run it. This should work well for us as the boat is currently used for recreational skiing / tubing.

I am at the opposite end. I had the 13x12.5 and had a hard time easing in the throttle, and not tearing off skier's arms (winers). I tore it up and replaced it with a 13 x 13. Hopefully the ungodly holeshot will be tamed some as I haven't had a chance to run it. This should work well for us as the boat is currently used for recreational skiing / tubing.

Your probably correct...if I had a tubing boat I'd probably run a 13 as well :lol:

1608 Malibu,

Here's a thread by Martho that is very informative: PROPS