Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did Malibu/Dealers offer this Option?

Ndawg12

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120438

If so, how did they sound? I'm not looking for the kickest assest system out there but think there is merit to having matched components upon resale. I would like to match my cabins and sub with 8" rf's if i can't find some WS pro80's at my price. So please share your thoughts on these and let me know if there's any for sale.

TIA

Yes they did/maybe still do. It is just the MXZ interior speaker in a can, so I can't imagine that it sound much different. Back in 07ish they offered the old ones that were 6.5 inch in a can.

Yes they did/maybe still do. It is just the MXZ interior speaker in a can, so I can't imagine that it sound much different. Back in 07ish they offered the old ones that were 6.5 inch in a can.

Thanks, I'm looking for a 8" + option single pair for my tower.

Pro 80, this, rev 8, xm9 to name a few.

Are you wanting to hear it surfing or boarding?

just at surfing distance. I would love to go back with a Kicker product especially at their price point but the equivalent to what I've got is now close to $400, Thtats riduculous for 3 years max of longevity.

These will sound fine for surfing, power is similar to the Titan Alpha 1 speakers I had before, 1 pair. They were run off a 400.2 amp and they were fine in the boat, a little harsh though at louder volumes. For wakeboarding you can hear "noise" sometimes, but they don't project much beyond surf range.

These will sound fine for surfing, power is similar to the Titan Alpha 1 speakers I had before, 1 pair. They were run off a 400.2 amp and they were fine in the boat, a little harsh though at louder volumes. For wakeboarding you can hear "noise" sometimes, but they don't project much beyond surf range.

I'm really looking for pro80's but I wouldn't mine a pair of these at a good price. Like I said I think it looks good upoin resale to have like components. But I could sell the WS as well...

Ya I gotcha. These will be perfect for surfing but honestly the advantage to pro 80s is first of all you could take them off and put them on the next boat, you would hear these loud and clear, and also honestly from what I've found is that most people aren't willing to pay much extra for tower speakers and don't know the difference in brands anyway. Just a thought. They both cost about the same, right? What amp are you going to use?

Did you know wet sounds has white pro 80 for $699. My buddy just picked up a set and Is very pleased with his purchase. We loves the way they sound. Hearing truly is believing. I heard them at his house with the boat in the driveway and I was amazed. If you want black. They are easy to paint. Would then be same price as the rockfords. Just my .02. Hope it helps with your decision. You can't go wrong with Wet Sounds

Did you know wet sounds has white pro 80 for $699. My buddy just picked up a set and Is very pleased with his purchase. We loves the way they sound. Hearing truly is believing. I heard them at his house with the boat in the driveway and I was amazed. If you want black. They are easy to paint. Would then be same price as the rockfords. Just my .02. Hope it helps with your decision. You can't go wrong with Wet Sounds

Totally agree and believe but with all the new stuff coming out I thought there would be more pro80's for sale and thats not the case. I guess that says something for their quality.... I keep my eyes out but may end up going with some 8"rf's

There are a lot of people still rockin the pro80's, and obviously they are not complaining. Wet Sounds is a proven marine audio company and are making the best products with new innovations. They seem to be coming up some new stuff all the time. The pro80's at 699 is a heck of a deal. Instead of painting them you could always vinyl wrap them whatever color or design you like as well, just thinking out of the box and trying to be different. Wet Sounds = proven product with the pro 80's. Rockford = back in the day they were awesome, I still have some ooooold amps from the late 90's, but they are a car audio company first and foremost, haven't seen much marine stuff from them. I'm not bashing Rockford but when they sold out and were being sold in best buys and other big box companies I lost a lot of respect for them. Proof is on the table. I wouldn't want you to spend money and not be happy with the Rockfords when I'm pretty positive you would love the 80's

yes you can still get those rockford tower speakers.. you can even get them in chrome as-well... just my .02 thos they suck.. and nobody, nobody cares about things matching as far as comparing interior speakers to a tower speaker.. at least from i have seen in the last 5 years.. they care about looks, and how loud a clear it is... and 99% of people out their see wet sounds up on top and they think, yup! theyve got a nice set-up! and just like dude said you can take them off and use them for your next boat.. a lot of people buying a used wakeboard boat dont nes. care what it has for tower speakers because thats something they can do to add "their own lil touch" for a fairly inexspensive cost..