Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to the Crew - picking up '13 23 LSV next week

daylorb

I've had an Enzo 230 for years, loved the surf wake, but after doing a surfgate demo I was sold. Can't wait to pick it up - thought I'd say hello. Looking forward to it - loved the Enzo but it has been hard not to be envious of the finish out of the Bu's over the years!

Any advice on ballast setup let me know - was planning on doing stock plus the pnp 750s in the rear lockers and leaving it at that.

I'm technically closer to Austin now but really like/have some history with the SMG guys.

And please - no help on spending money. I swore I'd always buy used boats to save some coin and look where I am now!

YOU will LOVE the new boat, we have a 2012 23LSV and honestly the electronics are over the top. Did you buy with the surfgate? We put the 900s in the back corners and do not use the wedge for surfing. I would think with the surfgate is adding weight really needed? The only thing I want to change on our 2012 is to put a hinge on the cooler cushion like our 247, it makes it much easier for the kids to get gatorades out. With the large cushion they can pull it off but not really good at putting in back in correctly.

Congratulations GREAT CHOICE!!

Got the surfgate on it, demo'd the boat with only stock ballast, nothing else, and it was really good already. Been reading through the forums and it sounds like adding the 750s would also require more weight up front, and possible reinforcement of the engine walls. I'm going to try the 440's pnp first. Also got it with the wedge.

Can't wait! The interior space is just awesome compared to my old 230 as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but using the 750s requires no engine wall reinforcement. This is assuming they have not changed the dimensions of the 750s.

I ran my 09 VLX with 750s for two years with no problems and no engine divider supports. My 2012 LSV had that custom Malibu Surf sacks from bakes with no engine Wall supports either