Sign in to follow this  
daylorb

New to the Crew - picking up '13 23 LSV next week

daylorb

I've had an Enzo 230 for years, loved the surf wake, but after doing a surfgate demo I was sold. Can't wait to pick it up - thought I'd say hello. Looking forward to it - loved the Enzo but it has been hard not to be envious of the finish out of the Bu's over the years!

Any advice on ballast setup let me know - was planning on doing stock plus the pnp 750s in the rear lockers and leaving it at that.

bamabonners

Welcome to the crew! Don't be shy and please help support this great site by becoming a supporter.

WhoaNellie

Welcome!

Are you in Houston? Looks like the SMG showroom.

CumminsBu

Welcome you'll enjoy it here. If you need help spending your money just ask here also.

Bradley Thornton

WakingMeHappy

Congratulations and welcome!

daylorb

I'm technically closer to Austin now but really like/have some history with the SMG guys.

And please - no help on spending money. I swore I'd always buy used boats to save some coin and look where I am now!

Smiff

great choice ! welcome

JAXONBOATS

YOU will LOVE the new boat, we have a 2012 23LSV and honestly the electronics are over the top. Did you buy with the surfgate? We put the 900s in the back corners and do not use the wedge for surfing. I would think with the surfgate is adding weight really needed? The only thing I want to change on our 2012 is to put a hinge on the cooler cushion like our 247, it makes it much easier for the kids to get gatorades out. With the large cushion they can pull it off but not really good at putting in back in correctly.

Congratulations GREAT CHOICE!!

pkh

750s in the back will do it... if you have a small crew could add a 400 to bow but not needed.

daylorb

Got the surfgate on it, demo'd the boat with only stock ballast, nothing else, and it was really good already. Been reading through the forums and it sounds like adding the 750s would also require more weight up front, and possible reinforcement of the engine walls. I'm going to try the 440's pnp first. Also got it with the wedge.

Can't wait! The interior space is just awesome compared to my old 230 as well.

Night Rider

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but using the 750s requires no engine wall reinforcement. This is assuming they have not changed the dimensions of the 750s.

pkh

I think engine wall reinforcement is only necessary with 1100's, the 750's fit in there nicely and don't bulge against the walls too bad.

Rcraighughes

Don't think with 750s it's mandatory but its really easy to do. Trip to Home Depot and a couple hours later you are set.

ATLWake43

Congrats and please post pictures

dalt1

My 750s would pop my divider wall occasionally before I reinforced them. On an 06 VLX.

Night Rider

I ran my 09 VLX with 750s for two years with no problems and no engine divider supports. My 2012 LSV had that custom Malibu Surf sacks from bakes with no engine Wall supports either