Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboarding In Pittsburgh

ericinpa

Are any there any members that live around the Pittsburgh area? Looking for a few people to wakeboard or just cruise with this summer.

I'm a little west in Akron. We boat mainly on a lake that's a little east of Akron. Always interested in meeting fellow Bu owners (or any inboard for that matter) though. Would be happy to meet you in the middle sometime. We also go to Salt Fork (about 1 hour south of Canton). Check out the thread on NE WOW in the events thread too.... yearly meetup in July of a bunch of Bu owners at Salt Fork. Great time. Good people.

I ride in the Shenango Reservoir about an hour north of Pitts. Your welcome to come up and check it out. blagrata is right on.....make sure you come out to the WOW in July....it's a great time.

Saw the pictures at Salt Fork, looks like a great time. What weekend do you think it will be this year? Can try and make plans for it if I can get enough notice. For the most part I have been staying between locks 2 and 3 on the Allegheny River. There are a couple of good marinas there and the water is pretty clean. You guys stay in touch, always willing to meet up with other inboarders around Pittsburgh or whereever. Don't really know many people here so meeting new people is always fun.

Saw the pictures at Salt Fork, looks like a great time. What weekend do you think it will be this year? Can try and make plans for it if I can get enough notice. For the most part I have been staying between locks 2 and 3 on the Allegheny River. There are a couple of good marinas there and the water is pretty clean. You guys stay in touch, always willing to meet up with other inboarders around Pittsburgh or whereever. Don't really know many people here so meeting new people is always fun.

you can find all the info here:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40361-2013-northeast-wow/

Right on! We inboard owners are part of a brotherhood IMO. The guys at work and other family members that don't understand the passion we share for boating and spending time together on the water. It is truly something you have to experience to understand.

• Like 1

Sounds great! I'm definitely in for doing a little travelling and seeing someplace new. Looking forward to hitting the water again. Did you get a chance to do much with your 2013 before things got cold?

Honestly I just traded in my '04 Tige 22V in November for my new Malibu. Drove a friend of mine's this past and summer and decided it was the way I wanted to go. Plus the appeal of the Surfgate and a lot of the new features had me sold. Just waiting for the marina to put out slips in mid April and I'll be hitting the water every chance I can. Probably the longest winter waiting on delivery of my new toy.

Honestly I just traded in my '04 Tige 22V in November for my new Malibu. Drove a friend of mine's this past and summer and decided it was the way I wanted to go. Plus the appeal of the Surfgate and a lot of the new features had me sold. Just waiting for the marina to put out slips in mid April and I'll be hitting the water every chance I can. Probably the longest winter waiting on delivery of my new toy.

Cool.... well... welcome to the Bu family. You're going to love it. I had looked at Tige when I was buying my boat. Looked nice... but no dealers anywhere near here... and they didn't seem to have a good crossover boat. Maybe we'll get lucky and have a warm March like last year. We went out here the third week of march and the drysuits were an overkill! Seems unlikely this year...but hopefully can get out in April for a few sets.

Edited by blagrata

Live by Fox Chapel and dock at FC Marina. Have had two Tiges, the first one an '05 22V for about 2 years and then the '04 22V for a little over 2 years. Both were good boats but this last one's interior did not last so I decided to either redo the interior or buy a new one.