Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hot Shower

wakeparadise

Does anyone know if Malibu uses a third party "kit" for their shower, if so where can I buy one to add-on to a VLX that I'll be buying soon?

Thanks!

Ryan

Edited by wakeparadise

...dumb question, so the Monsoon 350 will have unused "ports" on some part of the manifold where it will pick-up hot water from and that will some-how mix with a cold water pickup to get the desired temperature?

...dumb question, so the Monsoon 350 will have unused "ports" on some part of the manifold where it will pick-up hot water from and that will some-how mix with a cold water pickup to get the desired temperature?

Not exactly. Shower hot and cold hoses tap into the hoses on the motor. The kit will come with everything you need.

block drain for hot. cold water inlet for cold... kit has it all. hardest part for me was deciding where to tuck the pump. ended up mounting it up under the port gunnel in the rear.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

block drain for hot. cold water inlet for cold... kit has it all. hardest part for me was deciding where to tuck the pump. ended up mounting it up under the port gunnel in the rear. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

How big is the pump? I can't seem to find any pics of the pump itself on Bakes. Where do you usually store this thing when you're not using it; in one of the rear lockers?

Another point of advice, place the hot and cold faucets so you can easily get to them to adjust and also take apart. I find I need to adjust the settings of hot and cold water often during normal use. Also, I find small pieces of scale from the engine block will clog up hot water line. So, I need to take the faucet apart at least annually to clean the hot water screen out.

• 2 months later...

the heater pump creates the pressure. So yes, the raw water pump and the engine circ pump will have enough mojo to push water into the block, the heater, and the shower circuit. Your heater pump will then create hot water pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a shower added to our Monsoon 340 and I don't think the hot water source is right. It comes out of a tap on the bottom of the passenger side manifold and with the cold turned fully off, it's lukewarm at best. Can anyone share some pics on where their hot water comes from? Spring is here, water and air temps are coming up but you never know when you might need it... I'm thinking that the heater return line would be my next choice if both block drains have knock sensors in them.