Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do the 21.5' boata fit in a double car garage?

yabetcha

My sunsetter LXI fits in my 2 car garage at an angle with the platform removed, one guide pole removed and the swing tongue to the side and it clears the door with about an inch to spare. It's a real PITA to do hence I keep it in a nice big 11 X 30 indoor storage near the lake. Open door, insert boat, close door. Done.

Did someone already mention these:

GoJack <--WOW!

OR

Auto Dolly

OR

Wheel Dollies

JZ

I bought a set of these TireSkates and they are great for getting the boat perfectly positioned to maximize garage space. Plus I can move the boat for cleaning the garage, accessing cupboards, etc.

p.s. I initially tried to go the budget route and get the car dollies from Harbor Freight for half the price, but it was near impossible to move the boat, so I returned them and purchased the TireSkates.

• 3 months later...

Does any one know what the min garage height should be to fit a 05 VLX with the illusion tower(dorsey t/a trailer). We may be building a house and it looks like the standard garage height is 7 ft. Cost and arm and a leg to raise it so I want to know if the tower will clear.

• 8 months later...

You really need an 8 foot tall door to be safe. The tow ball on the tower will not clear a 7 ft door w/o letting air out of the tires or working some sort of magic. As far as the width I would say 10 ft min.

You really need an 8 foot tall door to be safe. The tow ball on the tower will not clear a 7 ft door w/o letting air out of the tires or working some sort of magic. As far as the width I would say 10 ft min.

I hope 10' is wide enough Dontknow.gif My storage currently has a 12' wide door but I have to make a decision on a place today that has a 10' x 10' door that is half the price.

It's pouring rain outside right now which is great for our lakes but I really don't want to tow the boat over in the rain to check the fit.

well you can't tow it legally down the road if the trailer is more than 8.5 ft wide. So 9 should give you some wiggle room right ;) How straight of a shot do you have? If you can go straight in 10x10 should work great.

well you can't tow it legally down the road if the trailer is more than 8.5 ft wide. So 9 should give you some wiggle room right ;) How straight of a shot do you have? If you can go straight in 10x10 should work great.

I put the gooseneck trailer in the same storage that my boat is in sometimes. It's 102" wide and fits way easier than the boat.

I talked to my dealer while he was getting the tornado shelter ready about it. He said his storage unit doors are only 10' wide and the low rider racks barely clear so I'm good to go. I'll let you know when I knock a set of forks off after a late night of surfing and Beer.gif

Cheers.gif