Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do the 21.5' boata fit in a double car garage?

yabetcha

Waterskimag's online review of the 2006 sunscape 21lsv states, "making it easy to navigate and house in the garage."

Will the 21.5' boats fit in a standard size double garage without modifications to the garage?

If so, for those of you that are storing in your garage could you post the dimensions of your garage.

I have an order in for a v-ride, but if I can fit a '06 sunscape in the garage, I may see if I can change my order.

Thanks in advance.

I was able to fit a 23 LSV in a 3 car garage like that - through the double doors. But, I didn't have that wall in between, only a metal pole about 2/3 of the way back. I would think you could get it in there, I would make sure you order a swing away toung and be prepared to remove the swimplatform. I'd expect a tight squeeze getting in and out of the house as well. I'd see how wide the trailer is as well at it's widest point. You might want to stop by the dealer and measure some boats/trailers - it would also give you a good opportunity to discuss the build of your new boat, if they haven't started to spray it yet!

Is it possible to remove the illusion tower from the base, by your self?

How strong are you?

Crazy.gif

... I had to remove the Illusion from the base to get it in, didn't have a swing away toung either, it was more of the lets see if it will fit, we didn't store it there. oh, and you just had to push it back in a little farther and the garage door would close just fine! ;)

I'm able to fit the SLXI in my garage and it's 21'8". I have to swivel the tongue, take the platform off, and lower the wedge and it fits w/ about an inch to spare. I also have garage cabinets behind the boat that are pretty much useless but I can move the boat to gain access if I need to. In short you'll be fine just a little work. I have wheel stops to help guide me tells me the stopping point.

I am strong enough.... It just looks awkward, and do NOT want to damage anything!

So I assume you lower it, and somehow disconnect the cable inside right?

If you need to take it off, yes. But if you're just lowering it, you just pull a pin on each side & bring it down. The cables stay attached to provide the counter-balance that it needs to be not-so-freakin'-heavy. :) Seriously, you don't want to take this tower off. Since ours was color matched, it came drop-shipped from Metcraft. Installing it was not fun for the dealer, & getting that top wish-bone section in was a real job. When it was powder coated, it sort of "relaxed" the metal making it just a bit wider than the mounts were & getting it in took several guys.

I am strong enough.... It just looks awkward, and do NOT want to damage anything!

If you need to take it off, yes. But if you're just lowering it, you just pull a pin on each side & bring it down. The cables stay attached to provide the counter-balance that it needs to be not-so-freakin'-heavy. :) Seriously, you don't want to take this tower off. Since ours was color matched, it came drop-shipped from Metcraft. Installing it was not fun for the dealer, & getting that top wish-bone section in was a real job. When it was powder coated, it sort of "relaxed" the metal making it just a bit wider than the mounts were & getting it in took several guys.

Believe me I don't want to take it off, I was just wondering if its possible, in a pinch.

My boat stays in the side yard 9 months out of the year anyway, its just the 3 other months I have to get it in the garage, and until I get it home, I will be tripping on it!

And with this crazy weather we are having, I definately want it in the garage for the winter months...

My garage is very similar to yours and i am able to get my LSV in. It is a PITA. But I only have it here maybe a month a year for maintenance, cleaning, and upgrades.

I can get my Sunsetter (21'8", platform on, no swing away tongue) in my garage which is virtually identical in layout and dimensions of yours, BUT, I don't have the wall between doors. I think that's going to mess you up a little.

I back mine in on an angle, with the rear going into the single car space, then pull it forward by hand until the toungue is in the "lower left" corner, by your sketch, and then I can get a car in the single space.

It's a pain, but like others I only bring it home a couple times a year for cleaning and maintenance.

Believe me I don't want to take it off, I was just wondering if its possible, in a pinch.

My boat stays in the side yard 9 months out of the year anyway, its just the 3 other months I have to get it in the garage, and until I get it home, I will be tripping on it!

And with this crazy weather we are having, I definately want it in the garage for the winter months...

I know you've probably posted it in another thread, but what size is your garage door opening?

I know you've probably posted it in another thread, but what size is your garage door opening?

my garge is 7 5,high. hopefully it will fit

In theory our RLX will fit in diagonally our double garage

but it's impossible as there is no way we can spin it on the tandem trailer. The 17" alloys with 45 profile tyres have way way too much grip to be able to skid it around.

Drive the trailer onto cookie sheets. It sounds dumb but it works pretty well. It will make it much easier to turn by hand.

Drive the trailer onto cookie sheets. It sounds dumb but it works pretty well. It will make it much easier to turn by hand.

Should you grease the cookie sheets first? ;)

Or borrow some of Tom Sawyer's 303 from his garage floor.... Crazy.gif

I believe the proper technique is to grease and lightly flour.